Lord of the Rings

Discuss FoTR, TTT, and RoTK!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Are you a fan of LoTR?

Can you spell YES?!
70%
It's okay.
10%
Only if I'm watching the movies . . .
10%
Only if I'm reading the books . . .
3%
LoTR?
8%

Total votes: 40

Me
An original

Post by Me »

Hear Hear! The footage added to ROTK was most necessary.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Amen. They should've included even more additional footage. :x
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Hear hear!

PJ said (I'm not sure if it was jokingly or not) that while he didn't want to put any more footage into the movie itself, he would like, for the 25th anniversary to put more of the the unreleased footage out, and provide commentary as to why it was not included in the film. Of course if he does this, one could easily edit it in to the movie.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Haha, I remember that comment. Hopefully, it's not a joke. I would be terribly devasted otherwise. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

As would I. I eagerly await it! Only 24 yearses to go precioussss.
Missionary
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Missionary »

I have seen the extended versions and I own the last two. I would like to get Fellowship of the Ring when I have the money. I read the books before I saw the movies. I was disappointed when I saw how much of the story the movies had left out. The extended versions helped with that a little bit. I would still like to see more in the movies though! :read:
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Me wrote:And why is that? I remember that you said why a long time ago, I think it was on the TH, but I can't remember, and am too lazy to dig up that thread.
Sorry... seeing as how I don't like the movies, I haven't been to this topic in a while.

I only read the first book, but I fell asleep out of boredom (with some tiredness mixed in) so many times, I didn't want to read the others. I watched the first movie, and I fell asleep. The characters and plotline(s) just don't draw me. They can't keep my attention.

I also don't like fantasy much at all. Narnia is about the only true fantasy I can handle. The characters have to be extremely appealing to me for me to be able to hang on to a fantasy book long enough to finish it.

Beyond all that, anything that is humongously popular is something I am very apt to dislike for a few reasons. 1. I like being un-stereotypical in every way posible 2. I get tired of hearing about them 3. I like to stand out from the crowd 4. I tend to dislike anything that wasn't my idea, due to my personality strengths (I tend to want to control everything and always be in charge; but those are my tendancies. I don't give in to them frequently, because on top of everything else...) 5. I'm extremely stubborn.

But I gave LOTR a chance. And it lost it's chance. I don't have anything against it, except for the fact that I'm sick of hearing about it.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I have seen all three of them.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I've seen all three.
The "Art Of..." books are excellent if you want to do concept art--just for process ideas, how the pro-types do it.
...*weeps for Far*
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I just got two of them out of the library. They're really interesting.
...I hate marquees.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:
Me wrote:And why is that? I remember that you said why a long time ago, I think it was on the TH, but I can't remember, and am too lazy to dig up that thread.
Sorry... seeing as how I don't like the movies, I haven't been to this topic in a while.

I only read the first book, but I fell asleep out of boredom (with some tiredness mixed in) so many times, I didn't want to read the others. I watched the first movie, and I fell asleep. The characters and plotline(s) just don't draw me. They can't keep my attention.

I also don't like fantasy much at all. Narnia is about the only true fantasy I can handle. The characters have to be extremely appealing to me for me to be able to hang on to a fantasy book long enough to finish it.

Beyond all that, anything that is humongously popular is something I am very apt to dislike for a few reasons. 1. I like being un-stereotypical in every way posible 2. I get tired of hearing about them 3. I like to stand out from the crowd 4. I tend to dislike anything that wasn't my idea, due to my personality strengths (I tend to want to control everything and always be in charge; but those are my tendancies. I don't give in to them frequently, because on top of everything else...) 5. I'm extremely stubborn.

But I gave LOTR a chance. And it lost it's chance. I don't have anything against it, except for the fact that I'm sick of hearing about it.

Mandy
I strongly disagree. LOTR is not boring. I never fell asleep, and I never get sick of hearing about it. I can't believe that you don't like it.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Eugenefan23 wrote:I strongly disagree. LOTR is not boring. I never fell asleep, and I never get sick of hearing about it. I can't believe that you don't like it.
It doesn't interest me. What's not to believe about that?

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Yay for extended editions! While I don't own any myself, I have a lot of friends who do. Isn't it fun to sit down and watch 23 whole minutes of deleted scenes??? Something new and fresh and exciting? And then you can watch the cast and crew talk about the making of the movie for a full 9 hours of appendixes! Yes! Haha! Yes! :D Sorry...these sort of things give me a sort of sarcastic thrill. Maybe it's just Frank. Haha. :D
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

LOTR is great and superb, but it's not for everyone! I understand that. I don't understand why people don't like it, but I understand that they don't. If you understand what I mean? :anxious:

Oh, if only they had included some more romance between Faramir and Eowyn!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Frank wrote:Yay for extended editions! While I don't own any myself, I have a lot of friends who do. Isn't it fun to sit down and watch 23 whole minutes of deleted scenes??? Something new and fresh and exciting? And then you can watch the cast and crew talk about the making of the movie for a full 9 hours of appendixes! Yes! Haha! Yes! :D Sorry...these sort of things give me a sort of sarcastic thrill. Maybe it's just Frank. Haha. :D
Actually, as a LOTR junkie, and an amateur film maker, I find it quite exciting.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me wrote:
Frank wrote:Yay for extended editions! While I don't own any myself, I have a lot of friends who do. Isn't it fun to sit down and watch 23 whole minutes of deleted scenes??? Something new and fresh and exciting? And then you can watch the cast and crew talk about the making of the movie for a full 9 hours of appendixes! Yes! Haha! Yes! :D Sorry...these sort of things give me a sort of sarcastic thrill. Maybe it's just Frank. Haha. :D
Actually, as a LOTR junkie, and an amateur film maker, I find it quite exciting.
Amen. \:D/
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by AioMan »

Me wrote:
I am an amateur film maker too! I soon will have an announcement about that. \:D/

Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Finally some real news. It seems that after a few years of legal issues, MGM and Newline have reached an agreement about....THE HOBBIT!
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16424

Of course, what with all the projects that Jackson already has slated, it will probably be 2010 (at the very earliest) that the movie will be coming to theaters.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

*thread merged*

I FINALLY saw it! We had to go on a 19 hour car ride, so I had nuthin else to do........ figures.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I think I woulda found something else to do, sleep comes to mind and day dreaming