The Hunger Games

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Peeta wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Smaug the Dragon wrote:I'm actually looking forward to this movie almost as much as the Hobbit. I'll need to convince my friends to read the books so I'll have someone to see it with. \:D/
I want to go to the midnight showing, but my sister isn't interested, my other siblings are too young, my church is anti-theaters, and most of my friends live out of town. Marv, book some plane tickets for yourself. :x
You gonna pay for me? \:D/
Use the tithes. :noway:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:
Peeta wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Smaug the Dragon wrote:I'm actually looking forward to this movie almost as much as the Hobbit. I'll need to convince my friends to read the books so I'll have someone to see it with. \:D/
I want to go to the midnight showing, but my sister isn't interested, my other siblings are too young, my church is anti-theaters, and most of my friends live out of town. Marv, book some plane tickets for yourself. :x
You gonna pay for me? \:D/
Use the tithes. :noway:
Hey, I'm tithing at church, not getting them. Stop being so stingy :noway:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

AE, if you pay for my plane ticket, I'll pay for your midnight movie ticket \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

And don't forget to pick me up on your way. O:)
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

How could we forget you, Smaug? You can choose the restaurant for the after-movie-dinner \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

And because AE was so kind to pay for the plane tickets, I'll take care of the tip. :yes:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Poor AE has gonna have full hands, but he's a big boy, right? :D *proceeds to pack*

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Good thing I have a job and some college money saved up! \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Yeah, who needs college? ;) getting together with internet strangers is so much better haha

Till the end of the line.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Shennifer is a very wise woman \:D/

Except we're not strangers :noway:

Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Don't forget to stop by Ghana also on the way. I have a new backpack perfect for the occasion (I can't any way go to theater)
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Peeta wrote:Shennifer is a very wise woman \:D/

True. I'll rephrase that: meeting with internet friends is better than college lol ;)

And just call me Shennifer the Wise.
(and since when do you call me Shennifer? I thought you always call me Shen? :-k no problem though)
Last edited by Shennifer on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eowyn18
Not as new

Post by Eowyn18 »

I want to read these books sooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Shennifer wrote:
Peeta wrote:Shennifer is a very wise woman \:D/

True. I'll rephrase that: meeting with internet friends is better than college lol ;)

And just call me Shennifer the Wise.
(and since when do you call me Shennifer? I thought you always call me Shen? :-k no problem though)
That makes more sense! \:D/

Nah. Shen the Wise. (I just called you that because it fit better than Shen, I thought. But it can't be Shennifer the Wise, just Shen the Wise, or Wise Shen ;))

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Finished Mockingjay. Wow, really good. :yes:
I was really not expecting Katniss to end up with Peeta. Of course, I wanted that to happen, but it totally surprised me. Also, it's sad how it seems like she never had any resolution with Gale. It seems like they could've still been friends. Gale wasn't that bad (which is funny, 'cause he was like my least favorite character).
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Pip wrote:Finished Mockingjay. Wow, really good. :yes:
I was really not expecting Katniss to end up with Peeta. Of course, I wanted that to happen, but it totally surprised me. Also, it's sad how it seems like she never had any resolution with Gale. It seems like they could've still been friends. Gale wasn't that bad (which is funny, 'cause he was like my least favorite character).
Haha, I know. I knew she'd end up with Peeta. .he was more central to the plot than Gale was, I thought. And, I think a lot of Mockingjay was rushed. What happened with Gale was to get rid of him, and then everyone else was pretty much gotten rid of. There was so much that needed to be taken time on. .but it wasn't.

Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Peeta wrote:
Haha, I know. I knew she'd end up with Peeta. .he was more central to the plot than Gale was, I thought. And, I think a lot of Mockingjay was rushed. What happened with Gale was to get rid of him, and then everyone else was pretty much gotten rid of. There was so much that needed to be taken time on. .but it wasn't.
Very true. I think she should've made Mockingjay into two books, the first one finishing with Peeta trying to kill Katniss. I always felt the rebellion was a bit rushed in this last book - aside from occasional updates like "Every District except District Two is now rebelling!" we really don't see much of the action. And all the deaths at the end would feel more poignant and less like a massacre, imho. Then again, I can see lots of people getting very angry if a whole book went by with Peeta missing, and when he comes back he's evil. ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:
Peeta wrote:
Very true. I think she should've made Mockingjay into two books, the first one finishing with Peeta trying to kill Katniss. I always felt the rebellion was a bit rushed in this last book - aside from occasional updates like "Every District except District Two is now rebelling!" we really don't see much of the action. And all the deaths at the end would feel more poignant and less like a massacre, imho. Then again, I can see lots of people getting very angry if a whole book went by with Peeta missing, and when he comes back he's evil. ;)
Yes, yes, yes. Mockingjay was somewhat disappointing. Too little action at first, far too much talking, rushed. .but still, it's an amazing series \:D/

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Peeta wrote:
Smaug the Dragon wrote:
Peeta wrote:
Yes, yes, yes. Mockingjay was somewhat disappointing. Too little action at first, far too much talking, rushed. .but still, it's an amazing series \:D/
And this is exactly why they're splitting the book into two movies. The movies can show what happened in the districts, the scene where Gale rescues Peeta, etc., because the book had to be told from Katniss' perspective. The movies have a chance to expand on Mockingjay. :yes:

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

All this splitting a movie into two parts is driving me crazy. I know it's good because it can really expand on everything, and have a chance to be more accurate, which is really good. It's just waiting for the second half to come out, and then having two movies to watch for the end instead of one.

just my opinion. And I liked Mockingjay; :) it really surprised me when Katniss didn't shoot President Snow.