Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks, bookworm. I had avoided this trailer until I watched Spiderman in case there was a related spoiler, and then just hadn't watched yet. Very interesting. I will definitely have to see this one in theatres! I'm curious how they're weaving Wanda into this. Clearly watching the Disney Plus show is important viewing before seeing this. That also make me wonder if the animated What If show will be at least kind of connected. Did anyone else watch the episode where Dr. Strange messes with time and there's the evil version of him? This trailer kind of reminded me of that, with the quick shot of Rachel McAdams in a wedding dress and then later it seemed like they were showing regular Dr. Strange facing evil Dr. Strange. I could be off base, or if could still be done really differently.
I am very annoyed that I sat in the theatre forever just to watch this exact trailer (as far as I can recall) at the end of Spiderman. I expect something original, not just a trailer that dropped online before I even saw the movie in theatres less than two weeks after it came out. Lame. I might be extra annoyed because one of my favourite end scenes is from Spiderman: Homecoming where Captain America shows up to talk about patience. That one is awesome!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Trailer didn't show enough to have my super interested, but I'm optimistic, I like Sam Raimi and multiversy things in general. \:D/

Plus
No confirmation of any sort, but there are rumors that Patrick Stewart's Xavier and Hugh Jackman's Wolverine will have at least a cameo, plus maybe other non-Disney Marvel stuff from years past. I'd be happy to see them again one last time even though they swore off the roles after Logan.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:18 am Trailer didn't show enough to have my super interested, but I'm optimistic, I like Sam Raimi and multiversy things in general. \:D/

Plus
No confirmation of any sort, but there are rumors that Patrick Stewart's Xavier and Hugh Jackman's Wolverine will have at least a cameo, plus maybe other non-Disney Marvel stuff from years past. I'd be happy to see them again one last time even though they swore off the roles after Logan.
I hadn't noticed that it was Sam Raimi. Maybe Tobey Maguire will show up again too. ;)
I love the interconnectedness for the most part, but that's getting to be a bit much for me. But whatever - if it makes fans happy, it doesn't upset me greatly or anything. ;) It just gets to be a lot of things you need to see or know about to watch one movie!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Catspaw wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:40 pm Thanks, bookworm. I had avoided this trailer until I watched Spiderman in case there was a related spoiler, and then just hadn't watched yet. Very interesting. I will definitely have to see this one in theatres! I'm curious how they're weaving Wanda into this. Clearly watching the Disney Plus show is important viewing before seeing this. That also make me wonder if the animated What If show will be at least kind of connected. Did anyone else watch the episode where Dr. Strange messes with time and there's the evil version of him? This trailer kind of reminded me of that, with the quick shot of Rachel McAdams in a wedding dress and then later it seemed like they were showing regular Dr. Strange facing evil Dr. Strange. I could be off base, or if could still be done really differently.
I am very annoyed that I sat in the theatre forever just to watch this exact trailer (as far as I can recall) at the end of Spiderman. I expect something original, not just a trailer that dropped online before I even saw the movie in theatres less than two weeks after it came out. Lame. I might be extra annoyed because one of my favourite end scenes is from Spiderman: Homecoming where Captain America shows up to talk about patience. That one is awesome!
Yeah pretty sure bad strange from what if or at least a version of him is in it.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

So apparently there will be a new trailer with the Super Bowl, and some rando who claims to have seen it says it'll have some big reveal. So, uh, maybe?

I don't watch a lot of actual television, but I don't recall even now weeks later seeing any Spider-man NWH advertising that reveals the two other Spideys (lots of times they will put out a more spoilery trailer a couple weeks after a movie is out to tempt the stragglers in), so it'd be odd if they had some major shocking reveal in a trailer.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Well, it definitely looks like this movie will live up to the "madness" part of the title. ;) I am intrigued.

Top, was there a big reveal that I missed? :anxious: Nothing stood out as jaw-dropping to me but I miss stuff sometimes that comic fans like you pick up on.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:25 pmwas there a big reveal that I missed? :anxious:
One of the lines sounded almost certainly spoken by
Patrick Stewart, raising the possibility of a Professor X appearance as speculated previously.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

^^Yeah, what Bookworm said.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Gotcha. Thanks guys. I can always count on the ToO to fill in the gaps in my education and observational abilities! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Sneak preview!

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think this is just an ad. You know the movie is out, right? Plus I keep seeing this ad a million times when I watch hockey. (Or maybe the "sneak peek" part is a joke - my bad for taking it too seriously then!)

I went to see Dr. Strange on the weekend, and it was decent. Not a few favourite for me. I would recommend seeing WandaVision on Disney+ first if at all possible, because you'll be missing some background stuff otherwise. I'm glad I watched the What If? show too, but that one isn't nearly as essential.
There was too much dark stuff for my taste. It had a touch of horror stuff, which I don't love, and more spiritual kind of stuff than other Marvel movies - at least in a more specific way, not just a general "there's magical weird stuff happening."

A highlight for me - Bruce Campbell as the pizza bowl guy! :lol: He seemed familar right away but it took me a few seconds to place him, and then I started elbowing my brother and laughing and then he realized who it was. We recognize him as Sam Axe from "Burn Notice" but I realize most people know him from Evil Dead (which I have no intention of seeing) and that's where the Sam Raimi connection comes in. The end scene (the very end scene) made me laugh! Loved it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:43 pmI think this is just an ad.
It was a joke.
I wanted to goof with it because if someone hadn't seen in on tv yet there's a slight chance they may briefly think it was real since they did more than most movie tie-in ads do and actually made a good bit of footage for this.
It would only be for a moment though before realizing it's silly to think this was actual movie footage; they're slightly less blatant with the product placement in the films. Usually. :P

Catspaw wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:43 pmYou know the movie is out, right?
Yes I do. I won't be seeing it for a while, I'm waiting until I'm able to watch WandaVision first because I know they're related.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sorry bookworm! My bad. It would be funny (and also not totally farfetched) to think that product placement had reached this level. :lol:

I definitely recommend seeing WandaVision first - good choice, bookworm.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I liked it okay. Definitely didn’t love it and it isn’t something I’m probably going to watch start to finish any time again soon, but wasn’t horrible. I think myself and a lot of people thought there would be more alternate universes getting screen time and there were tons of rumors of cameos that ended up not being in (some were apparently even filmed but cut), so it was underwhelming in that specific regard that I think a lot of people were looking forward to. Apart from that, again… it was… okay.

A friend of mine had kind of the same reaction as Catspaw as we were leaving the theater, and I agree… the spiritual aspect and magic-y stuff was just more prominent and darker, which makes sense with the plot I suppose, but is kind of bleah from a judeo-Christian POV. Like Strange shooting weird fireworks in Avengers and Spider-Man isn’t a big deal but it got more into the casting spells aspect.

But yes the Bruce Campbell cameo was one of the highlights. \:D/
My favorite part was probably the little cameo-athon in the middle, but even then they mostly died kind of stupidly. Especially cool to see Reed Richards and Xavier in the MCU, though… and they even played the old X-men cartoon theme when he rolled in.