Patch the Pirate

...ever heard of him?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Jack Davis
OK

Post by Jack Davis »

I used to listen to the tapes when I was younger, but we gave them to my nephews and nieces. Anyway I listen to Odyssey now.
Thanks Darth Birdie for the HSE, and DanP740 for the HUGE donation.

thelovelyrose
Fourscore and seven

Post by thelovelyrose »

Patch the Pirate was a staple in my household growing up. My parents would usually get us the new one every year as a Christmas present. And yep, I went to Patch the Pirate Club when I was little. I used to be able to do a great Sissy Seagull imitation, too!

~now with High School Equivalence~
Thanks, Lizpaw and Pc Pro!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

*thread merged*

I saw this name come up recently on the boards. I used to listen to "Patch the Pirate," a musician who lost his eye to cancer back in the 1970s (wow, he must be really old!) and adopted a persona of a [Christianized] pirate to write songs and stories, mostly for children. Whole families can listen to their adventures.

I used to listen to this, and when it came up here, I decided to start a thread.

Does anybody else enjoy the Patch the Pirate CDs? They are geared towards an even younger audience than Adventures in Odyssey, and they are even more conservative than AIO, but for some people here I expect that means you're more familiar with Patch.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I had one Patch cassette tape as a little kid, I listened to it a number of times but always had a nebulous feeling that I was missing something, it seemed like there was some greater familiarity being hinted at that I wasn't getting. I didn't know any of the real life story behind it, or that it was a series, so that was probably what it was.