Hawkeye

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Hawkeye

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This looks like fun! I wasn't quite sure where they were going with a Hawkeye show when I first heard they were making one. The trailer definitely provides some hints. I think it will be a fun watch.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I am keeping up so far, anyone else?

Not ASTOUNDING but I like it.

Not sure if it's just a cameo or more than that yet, but the addition of
whatever Scarjo's Black Widow sister's name is
isn't necessarily a shock but is neat.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've been meaning to watch because it really does look cute and I don't want spoilers (so I didn't click Top's spoiler bar - thanks for using the spoiler tags!) but I've been busy and just haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully soon! Now I'm intrigued and want to know what the spoiler tag is hiding. :mad:
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

First, I must say, this has got to be one of my favorite Marvel trailers; I really like it! Excellent music choice. \:D/ Interested in seeing more of Barton’s story after Endgame. The show looks interesting overall, and I look forward to watching it. I’ll probably wait until all of the episodes are released so that I can watch several at once. :yes:
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just watched the show over the last couple of days (three episodes one day, three the next day) and really enjoyed it. It lived up to the advertising in the fun department, and also had a lot more plot and stuff than I had anticipated. I accidentally saw the spoiler that Top so kindly hid (not from Top - elsewhere online) but once I saw it I almost thought I should have guessed it, though I did not. ;) I would definitely recommend the show! I thought it was a good mix of new stuff and old stuff.

I don't think this needs spoiler tags - the Rogers: the Musical segment was awesome and the full version of the "I Can Do This All Day" song at the end of the last episode was amazing. I will definitely be rewatching that part just for fun. I love musicals and as terrible as it would be for realsies, in the show it was awesome. \:D/ The Christmas music throughout the show was also great. They really leaned into the Christmas theme, in a good way.
I tried to figure out why the watch was important in the first episode and couldn't come up with a great guess, and then when Clint hands it to Laura in the last episode and they do a close-up shot of the Shield logo and the number 19, I knew it had to be important but I still had no idea why. I used the magic of Google to figure out that apparently it means that Laura was an agent of Shield in the past, but different from the TV show from a few years ago. I never watched the show (beyond a few episodes when it first started) so I had no idea. It does make sense - it would take a pretty special person to be married to Clint all these years. ;) I assume that this will be relevant in the future.

When the fight with Elena ended I thought maybe Clint would invite her to Christmas dinner to be with a bunch of the remaining people who really knew and loved Nat, but I realized that beyond the story part of it getting a bit crowded, it might be a little early to trust her with his top-secret home where his family is. ;) I would be interested to see more there in the future potentially.
I really liked Hawkeye and I would definitely watch a second season!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

My wife and I really enjoyed it, her favorite Marvel show so far.
I thought the uncle would be in it more after he was in the first episode. I'm sure he'll be back though
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I forgot to mention in my earlier post:
I really liked all the parts with sign language, even though it wasn't necessarily the good guy. ;) I think it's so amazing to watch, and I like how they incorporated that into the show. It seemed really authentic so I looked up the actress Alaqua Cox, and it was cool to see that she hasn't done much acting and really is deaf with a prosthetic foot, like her character.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

finally got around to watching this! i really enjoyed it. for as weird of a dude as jeremy renner is, he's got charisma and makes hawkeye a super likeable character. hailee steinfeld is a great addition to the mcu. she brings a lot of the same youthful energy that tom holland brings to spider-man.
florence pugh is the best actor in the whole mcu. she should be the one playing mario.
he/him | a little stinker.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I like archery, and Hawkeye has always been a fun character for me in this Marvel cinematic universe. I appreciate the tongue-in-cheek nature they have about an archer being in the same group as the innately powerful characters like Thor. (Of course I would not use the term god to describe such characters.) I was so excited to finally get around to watching Hawkeye!

I enjoyed that we get the O.G. (MCU) Hawkeye, but we also get a new character who might get to carry on the franchise, "because $$$$." I liked the buddy nature of the show! I realize they're not cops, but I always appreciate two good friends who help each other out and have each other's backs. We got to see that Hawkeye and Black Widow were close, and now perhaps we have Lady Hawk (lol) to be Hawkeye's new gal pal.

The plot-specific points I have:
A real group of thugs would have just shot a deaf character years ago and moved on. I realize they have to pander to a diverse audience these days, but if these are crooks like we are led to believe, they wouldn't waste their time taking orders from a crippled person, to use rough terminology. Also, if "none of these idiots have learned ASL in the past 24 hours," then why on earth is this deaf person "in charge"? Does the one person who knows ASL make up whatever he wants, and the deaf lady can't do a thing about it? The backstory to the bad guys makes no sense whatsoever.

Vincent D'onofrio! I saw him as the Kingpin in Daredevil close to a decade ago! What a great throwback.

And Jack! What a great red herring. I guess he's wealthy and does sketchy things (attend some black market auction) when he's spending money, but apparently we haven't seen him do sketchy things to get his money. "Is that a leisure activity?" He's all in, if it's for fun! That was amusing.

And drat it, of course it's more Stark stuff. Tony Stark is how the MCU was built. Tony was the motivation behind all the [Tom Holland] Spiderman movies and villains, and here he is driving the plot and character abilities in this show.

Did the larper friends of Hawkeye really stop in the middle of a panicked evacuation of a building to put on costumes? And they're police/EMT/firefighters?! That sounds irresponsible for their training and experience. Also, does every crook in this show just discharge firearms from the street in one of the largest cities in North America?! The big fight scenes in the last episode show so much happening outside, and there are no uniformed police officers visible at all! The only on-screen police officer we see is actually a plain-clothes detective coming to arrest a woman for something done in the past, and he's avoiding/doing nothing about the gunshots, wanton destruction, and pandemonium one block up.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Underrated show moment - Sweet Gingerbread Man by Sammy Davis Jr. during the end credits of one of the episodes.