Spider-man: No Way Home

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Spider-man: No Way Home

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I got really excited by the Alfred Molina reveal for someone who hasn't actually seen that other movie (or any of the previous iterations of this franchise).
Bananareader
Gold Member
Post by Bananareader »

I think that trailer is really cool, and I can't wait until it comes out!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I thought I was done with the MCU after Endgame, but they keep sucking me back in. This looks really fun.
he/him | a little stinker.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Steve wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:17 pm I thought I was done with the MCU after Endgame, but they keep sucking me back in. This looks really fun.
but WHY?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I can't speak for Steve, BUT I CAN AND I WILL, but while I was happy to see another Spidey and Black Widow, because I knew the characters, I don't have a ton of hype for the Eternals just because I don't really know anything about them, and while the same was true for Guardians of the Galaxy, the trailers brought me in more I think. I'm not SHANG CHI'S BIGGEST FAN but I do like him and that looks cool, glad to have some Mandarin resolution--but that said I think I'm in the minority on him, he's not the most obscure but is fairly obscure.

Spidey was always one of my favorites though so I'm always down for more, even if we had some lackluster ones over the years. \:D/ Like a lot of people of a certain age, the Raimi trilogy has a special place in my heart (well, the first two do) so seeing the pumpkin bomb and Alfred Molina was pretty cool, even though expected.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Marvin D. wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:39 pm
but WHY?
lololol i think it's because they're finally doing the really weird comic-booky stuff with multiverses, the watcher, time-keepers, all the really goofy, sci-fi nonsense. i think it's gonna turn a lot of people off from the mcu, but i also think the people that love this stuff are loving it more than ever.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Looks like fun! I'm looking forward to this for the laughs and the continuation of a bigger story and stuff, not so much for the multiverse stuff, but whatever. The return of Doc Ock (that looks weird but so does Doc Oc) should be interesting. I have fond memories of Spiderman 2 and his lovely role, so I'm curious what this version will bring.

I definitely relate to Top on being less interested in The Eternals because I don't know who any of the characters are, but without the wide comic book knowledge base that he has. ;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Catspaw wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:34 pm The return of Doc Ock (that looks weird but so does Doc Oc) should be interesting.

Doctorus Octopus
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Steve wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:33 pm
Catspaw wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:34 pm The return of Doc Ock (that looks weird but so does Doc Oc) should be interesting.

Doctorus Octopus
Thank you, I will use that from now on and ignore any odd looks I get as the inevitable reaction of jealous people who wish they knew Steve so they could also be so knowledgeable.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

spider-man <3
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This thread was not complete until Jelly showed up! Never change your avatar, Jelly!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I'll only change it if the new Spider-Man movie is BAD! (Which it probably won't be!)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

jelly wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:06 pm I'll only change it if the new Spider-Man movie is BAD! (Which it probably won't be!)
If that isn't the form of Toby Maguire Spider-man we get, what is even the point of the movie?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Steve

Post by Steve »

WILLEM DEFOE \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Steve wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:45 am WILLEM DEFOE \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This does look interesting! I will definitely be seeing this one in theatres. @Max Velin this does seem like it could be the last one. I honestly hadn't thought about that until you said it. Who knows with superhero movies? There could be lots more. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

As long as Sony and Disney can play nice and make money I don't see the franchise ending. They pretty much said "btw after this we are going to do a Spider-man/Venom movie" and we haven't really even seen Miles Morales.

In convenient timing: Just saw an article where Amy Pascal (head Sony person) claims they are doing 3 more Spidey movies with Tom Holland. Presumably he will be in Avengers 5 or whatever other MCU movie as well, since that has always sort of been the deal.