Justice League (Snyder Cut)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Justice League (Snyder Cut)

Post by bookworm »

The alternate cut of Justice League that had become an internet joke for how long it was requested and teased has actually been made.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I doubt it will so much be better as just longer and different then what we ended up getting, but I am oddly curious about it. I've got HBO Max for Godzilla VS Kong so I'll probably at least try to watch it. Four hours, though... eek. Definitely not going to be in one sitting, if I do manage to finish it.

I saw the original cut in theaters when it was new but haven't rewatched it, so I remember next to nothing about it, except that it was kinda not great but maybe not necessarily terrible?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I thought the original was fine; it definitely wasn't good, but I didn't think it was awful. I too doubt this will make it considerably better, though it does look to be very different, not just an extended or slightly rearranged version but a genuinely different movie than what ended up being made the first time. Which is what made so many people clamor for it to be released, because they knew the original vision was substantially different than what got released and they thought it would have been much better. But the thing was, what they were calling the 'Snyder cut' back then was just a very early rough version of what he was originally going for before the leadership change, it was nowhere near a finished product. But people acted like there was this finished alternate movie that could have been released and the studio went with the other one instead which wasn't the case at all. We're getting this now, but only because they were convinced to actually go do the new work needed to make it into an actual movie. Which is a fascinating development. With this, and the Sonic pre=release redesign, there have been some major responses by studios to audience reactions of late in being willing to go back and put a ton more time and money into products that they were ready to close the book on.