Godzilla vs Kong

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Godzilla vs Kong

Post by bookworm »

There's finally a trailer!

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched out of curiosity more than real interest. I think it is safe to say that I won't be watching this one. ;) I watched Kong: Skull Island on TV a few weeks ago, but that was mostly because I noticed Tom Hiddleston was in it. O:) It was okay, and there were some decent moments, but as a whole it wasn't my thing, and this looks like a lot more big monster fighting with even less plot and good looking leading men.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have been so legitimately hyped for this movie for so long, I cannot wait to finally see this! But I am going to be incredibly disappointed if I'm not able to go watch it on the big screen after looking forward to it so much.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah unfortunately seeing it on the big screen doesn't seem too likely for me. I'll look into it again once the release date is upon us, but at the moment there definitely is nothing local open and not really within what I'd consider a reasonable drive. Of course, if I could ONLY see it in theaters, I'd consider a longer drive, but since I *can* see it at home, I guess I have to be more reasonable, much as I really want to see it in theaters.

As a kid I was always really agitated when people would talk about Godzilla and Kong fighting because I was a big Godzilla fan and that was just ONE movie, and Godzilla has lots of other foes he's battled many more times, lol. At least now it'll be TWO movies instead of one.

Anyway, weird the trailer comes out only two months before the movie, since the original release date was what, roughly two years before it finally shows up? I think originally it was a year after the last Godzilla film. Looks good. I am not expecting anything overly deep but looks fun. I want to speculate on some things but I worry my speculation will end up being spoilers.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My theater just reopened! I don't know if it will last, but please at least make it to this! :pray:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Make mine reopen, too! :mecry:

Let's face it, I'm going to be the only person in the theater, COVID or not, they need to just let me see it there. >_>
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Made it! I'm going sometime this week! Image
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

It's weird.

Monster stuff was fun, of course, but upon only one viewing, I think they leaned too much into some of the silliness that was hinted at in the last couple movies in the series. Like the hollow earth stuff.
Which I was okay with them hinting about previously, and figured we'd see it here, but, I don't know, it just wasn't what I expected. Like it was a weird speed of light worm hole that Kong could fall through okay but the people had to have weird sci-fi space shuttles and it was all just odd to me. That said, I was iffy on the last film in the series on one viewing, but it really grew on me later, so maybe, hopefully, this will do the same. As of this moment I'm mildly disappointed that the last film which I liked a lot better was very poorly received but this one seems more liked.

I'm not sure if they gave a good explanation or not, maybe I just forgot, but I'm not sure why exactly Mechagodzilla needed to be hooked to a hollowed out Ghidorah skull with a VR system set up inside(as opposed to like... a Ghidorah head that still had a brain in it, which would make more sense for what happened). BUT that being said... my favorite of the three (well, now four counting this) incarnations of Mechagodzilla was the original that was built by aliens and sent to earth to blow things up, as opposed to the two later ones that were built by the military to stop other monsters... so this one starting as the pawn of an evil terrorist organization was a better start, BUT it basically being controlled by EVIL ALIEN Ghidorah in the end was a nice touch to bring it back to its roots.
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Ryder »

I finally got to watch it in theaters Monday night with the wife. I thought it was pretty good. It was definitely entertaining at least.
Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!