The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This looks interesting! I like the idea of series instead of a movie since that allows for lots of stories and it seems like they have a lot of ideas. It looks almost like a buddy cop kind of format, but with superheroes. Or kind-of superheroes, or whatever these guys technically are classified as. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Sam and Bucky aren't my favorite characters - nothing against them they're just not who I would have picked for getting further development in their own series - so I'm not incredibly interested in this one personally from a position of 'excited to get to see more adventures with these two!' that some who are bigger fans of them may be thinking. However I am very interested in seeing what happens in Cap's part of the world without him around anymore, so that's what I'll be watching this show for initially.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

new trailer is out, releases next month, looking forward to it, i guess the guy from civil war is back

Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

He finally has his purple mask thing. \:D/

Very stylish. :yes:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Looks like fun! I'm not a big fan of Cap's old "nurse" neighbour, but perhaps a new context will change my opinion of Sharon Carter.

Reddo, good call on noticing the Civil War bad guy. I'm not sure I like him being back, but I don't want to judge too soon.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Summary: I liked Falcon jumping out of C-130s and blowing up helicopters more than him trying to get a loan to bail out his old fishing boat. :)
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

So that got pretty dark.
The shot of the bloody shield at the end was grim. Can't say I was expecting that.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Dr. Watson wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:14 pm Summary: I liked Falcon jumping out of C-130s and blowing up helicopters more than him trying to get a loan to bail out his old fishing boat. :)
But think of the depth! The everyday nature of Sam's life! The drudgery of fishing and loans!

....Yeah, I hear you. ;)

I've been avoiding this thread because I am always behind on the show. My brother and I are watching together (online) and by the time we get time to watch an episode, there's another one up already that we don't have time to watch. I've seen the first three and won't watch the fourth one until the fifth one is already out, so I didn't click Petrichor's spoiler tag. (Thanks for using that - I appreciate it!) I mostly dropped by to say that I'm enjoying the show, I am very curious about what will happen, and am avoiding spoilers. Super helpful, I know. ;)
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I was kind of underwhelmed by the final episode. :/ I felt that way about the finale for WandaVision, so now I have the sinking feeling that's going to be a theme with these Marvel shows. It seems like they try to constrict the show into a more typical action-movie format for the last episode, but it doesn't work very well.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Petrichor wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:07 pm
I was kind of underwhelmed by the final episode. :/ I felt that way about the finale for WandaVision, so now I have the sinking feeling that's going to be a theme with these Marvel shows. It seems like they try to constrict the show into a more typical action-movie format for the last episode, but it doesn't work very well.
It was a decent finale, but I hear you about it not being an "Oh my goodness, my mind is blown!!!" kind of finale. They definitely brought some good moments and resolution to some questions, and left other things open. I loved Sam's new suit - what an awesome look! Very nicely done. I also liked the happy family/community picnic stuff towards the end, since it makes me happy to think they get some normalcy after the craziness.

I'm iffy on all the stuff with Sharon. I've never loved her character (from "meh" in Cap 2 to downhill from there) and found myself suspicious of her connections, power, and access throughout this show. She's either really betrayed her family's legacy - or she's playing some long con deep undercover thing. I find myself unable to truly decide one way or the other because I'm sure as soon as I decide she's definitely evil that they'll reveal how she's secretly been working for the good guys to uncover the bad guys the whole time.