WandaVision

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

WandaVision

Post by bookworm »

Still have absolutely no clue what this is, but it's about to start.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This show looks so weird and quirky, in a good way. I think the way you worded things is how I feel too, bookworm - I don't know what it is. I do know that I want to give it a try!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'll definitely be checking it out, if only to finally find out what in the world it is. And as I mentioned before, unless things changed since the original reports whatever this show is about is very critical to the next phase of the MCU and specifically Doctor Strange 2 so it seems it would be important to watch anyway even if it didn't have this massive 'what is even going on' factor around it.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, looks weird, but the MCU rarely disappoints.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Watched the first two episodes today. It was fun! I'm interested to see where it goes. I didn't realize it was going to be a serialized thing, though. Now I have to wait until March to see how it ends. :(
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

The first two episodes were fascinating. I love older comedies, so it was fun to see a show that was doing throwbacks to shows like I Love Lucy and The Dick Van Dyke show. I'm interested to see where it leads. \:D/
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

I liked it! Very confusing though, and different from other Marvel productions... but very interested to see where this goes!
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've seen the first two episodes now and really enjoyed them. There were some laughs, some wonderings, some good clean fun all around! I assume they will drag out the weird parts until at least the end of the season in such a way that people can't really figure out what's going on, but I could be wrong. *Narrator voice* "She wasn't likely to be wrong."

I will definitely keep watching!
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I was expecting another sitcom type of episode this week, but I guess they decided to shake things up a little bit!
Even though a lot of stuff still hasn't been explained, I'm glad they're starting to fill in a few things instead of waiting until the end of the show. I wasn't expecting it, but I liked that they touched on the Blip (everyone coming back after the Snap). In Endgame, it's obviously this huge, happy moment when everyone comes back, but the movie didn't really get a chance to talk about how people might struggle to reintegrate into society, loved ones dying, etc. It's interesting to see WandaVision exploring the consequences/aftermath of that.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

I'm really enjoying the series
I'm curious if Vision will somehow make it out alive, it seems to me like he's somewhat alive but not to his full pre infinity war potential
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I haven't been so into a TV show in years! :mad: I've seen a couple of people say that they were tempted to give up on the show after the first two episodes. DON'T! I've watched a lot of old sitcoms, so I personally loved the first two, but if they're not your thing, the show really shifts into high gear after the first two episodes. I'm loving the storytelling! :inlove:

Some speculation:
Captain Rambeau is grieving the loss of her mother, Norm alludes to his sick father, and Agnes seems shocked/hopeful at the possibility of Wanda bringing back the dead. Vision says that he doesn't think Wanda was fully aware of what was going on at first. Is it possible that, in her grief, she subconsciously selected other grieving people to be part of Westview? :-k
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

@Petrichor
I love the theory in the spoiler Even if it now includes anyone in her way.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey Petrichor, I agree with radgeek! I never thought of that.

I'm caught up on the new episode as of today. My brother and I watched the previous two episodes this afternoon (while talking on Skype from our separate homes.) I'm enjoying the show and definitely curious to find out what is going on. It's been a fun ride.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

:mad:

MAJOR SPOILER. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
♪ It's been Agatha all along ♪
I knew something was up with Agnes, but I definitely didn't suspect anything quite so nefarious! :shock: This is making me rethink a lot of stuff. In an earlier episode, when Vision wakes Norm up, I think Norm says something about how "she" is in his head. I assumed "she" meant Wanda, but has it really been Agatha all along?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I kinda just assumed Agnes was really Agatha Harkness the whole time, but I realize Agatha Harkness isn't exactly a household Marvel villain name, so...
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

The Top Crusader wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:45 am
I kinda just assumed Agnes was really Agatha Harkness the whole time, but I realize Agatha Harkness isn't exactly a household Marvel villain name, so...
Yeah, that's why I've been avoiding reading about the show online. I figured elements of the storyline were guessable if you knew the comics, and I didn't want to accidentally spoil the show for myself.

Does anyone know if the last 1-2 episodes are supposed to be longer, or will they be around the half-hour mark like the rest of the episodes? Google didn't have answers for me, and I didn't want to dig too deep.
Last edited by Petrichor on Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I've seen random people say they are going to both be an hour but I have no idea how they know that. I assumed they read it somewhere official, but they could be making it up. :(
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

The big question is "what is the book?" It could be the Darkhold since they decannonized Agents of Shield, but I doubt it. Either way, that's the centre of all of this.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

A lot of people are joking since Sam Raimi is directing Dr. Strange 2, that will heavily feature Scarlet Witch, that it's the Necronomicon from the Evil Dead Trilogy he directed, but... I doubt that's the case. >_>
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

The Top Crusader wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:53 am I've seen random people say they are going to both be an hour but I have no idea how they know that. I assumed they read it somewhere official, but they could be making it up. :(
At one point the executive producer said it was a 6 hour story, they never specified if that was with or without credits, people have just been guessing episode lengths based on that quote alone. Today's is the longest episode yet though
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime