WandaVision

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah I was almost late for work because of it. :noway:
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I kind of wish they had released the last two episodes at once. It was good stuff, but definitely just felt like a buildup to the finale.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

The Top Crusader wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:09 pm Yeah I was almost late for work because of it. :noway:
I was late :oops:
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just caught up on the last two episodes. Lots of revelations! :mad: I was avoiding this thread to make sure I didn't see any spoilers. I am definitely looking forward to the finale to see how more pieces fit together.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Watched the finale earlier today. Wasn't bad or anything, but it was almost too predictable. Like I was expecting some big twist but it just sort of had a normal-ish (as much as you'd expect) ending. It was already looking to be the case but I was kind of bummed that FoX-Men Quicksilver was absolutely nothing. I think color-less Vision is fine and just flew off, though? Or did I miss something?
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I'm sure everyone who's been watching is already checking, but just fyi there were two post-credits scenes on the last episode.
The Top Crusader wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:56 am
Watched the finale earlier today. Wasn't bad or anything, but it was almost too predictable. Like I was expecting some big twist but it just sort of had a normal-ish (as much as you'd expect) ending. It was already looking to be the case but I was kind of bummed that FoX-Men Quicksilver was absolutely nothing. I think color-less Vision is fine and just flew off, though? Or did I miss something?
Pretty much, yeah. The ending was sad, but it seemed like that was where it was always headed. I guess the one "twist" this episode is that Pietro/Quicksilver was actually the Ralph guy that Agatha/Agnes kept referencing, but that didn't really go anywhere.

The thing I'm still confused about is why Wanda was broadcasting in the first place. I get that her past memories kind of inspired the whole sitcom vibe, but if she didn't start the whole thing consciously, why would she be broadcasting?
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Chiming in late to say I loved watching this show. Prior to it, I couldn't care less about Wanda or Vision, not even after Endgame, but the show really changed that for me. I hope the weirdness of this show is indicative of what's to come in the MCU because I really love it.
That said, the finale was a liiiiittle on the weak side for me. I kind of expected it, knowing it's really just setup for the sequels to Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel. I'm curious as to why they just stopped showing what was up with White Vision. Hopefully that actually goes somewhere and wasn't just a dumb oversight. I also felt like it lost a lot of the uniqueness that I loved about the prior eight episodes- it felt very "Marvel movie." Which is okay, I just liked the more stylistic stuff better.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched the finale yesterday and agree with a lot of what was said already.
It was decent but I really was expecting more. I did call the runes thing up in the sky before it was said, so I was proud of myself for that. The show started with a bit of humour and weirdness and mystery and ended up with a lot more sadness and drama, which is okay, but honestly, I'm not so much into the drama. ;) I think the most interesting episode from a Marvel big picture perspective was the flashback one.

It was only in the last couple of episodes that I realized that Wanda must never have been called the Scarlet Witch in any movie. I always assume that if I know something about Marvel, then everyone must know it, and I've known for years that Wanda's nickname was the Scarlet Witch. However, it seems like that must be new info to the characters in the filmed MCU, unless I really missed something.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Catspaw wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:28 pm I watched the finale yesterday and agree with a lot of what was said already.
It was decent but I really was expecting more. I did call the runes thing up in the sky before it was said, so I was proud of myself for that. The show started with a bit of humour and weirdness and mystery and ended up with a lot more sadness and drama, which is okay, but honestly, I'm not so much into the drama. ;) I think the most interesting episode from a Marvel big picture perspective was the flashback one.

It was only in the last couple of episodes that I realized that Wanda must never have been called the Scarlet Witch in any movie. I always assume that if I know something about Marvel, then everyone must know it, and I've known for years that Wanda's nickname was the Scarlet Witch. However, it seems like that must be new info to the characters in the filmed MCU, unless I really missed something.
Nope, you haven't missed anything. It was kind of a funny "reveal," since a lot of fans have been calling her Scarlet Witch since she first appeared onscreen in 2015.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Steve wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:37 pm
Catspaw wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:28 pm I watched the finale yesterday and agree with a lot of what was said already.

Nope, you haven't missed anything. It was kind of a funny "reveal," since a lot of fans have been calling her Scarlet Witch since she first appeared onscreen in 2015.
Oh good, I always like to know it isn't just me. ;) Top is probably the one who told me that, plus I know I've seen it online.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Yeah, I agree. It was a fine finale but. . I expected better.
Resident JRPG nut