Top 100 spiritually significant films

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Top 100 spiritually significant films

Post by jelly »

Consider this a followup to the many, many discussions and arguments that can be found somewhere deep in the archives of this forum as to what constitutes a "Christian" film. :P

I first discovered an early iteration of this Top 100 list (curated by critics, writers and teachers of the Arts & Faith community) almost ten years ago, and remember being surprised that I recognized very few of the films listed. So I started finding them and watching them. And honestly, this list is what allowed me to reconcile my Christian faith with my growing skepticism and devotion to really good films.

I realize that the niche for a list like this is probably tiiiiiny, but I got to edit the promotional trailer for the 2020 iteration that just got released so I'm proud of it and wanted to share. \:D/ And juuust maybe, there's someone else out there that cares about movies, and is equally annoyed that most of the low-grade, poor quality releases of the past decade that usually get labelled as "Christian films" are terrible and not representative of the care, quality and innovation that Christian artists should be capable of.

Last edited by jelly on Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Well done trailer, Jelly. =D> I'll definitely be checking out some of these films!
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Interesting! You did a lovely job on the trailer, Jelly. A couple of the clips looked potentially familiar, though not many. I'm intrigued.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Thanks, 'Paws! \:D/

The two films in there that I actually remember seeing as a kid were It's a Wonderful Life and Chariots of Fire.

Interestingly, there's only two Jesus films that made the list: One is an Italian film from the 60's, and the other is called The Miracle Maker, which is mostly stop-motion animation. Did anyone else see this film when they were younger?? I wish I had. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Nice job on the edit jelly! =D>
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis