Disney/Pixar Movies of the 2010s

What did we think?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Disney/Pixar Movies of the 2010s

Post by Monica Stone »

Well, the 2010s are over, which is still odd to say. There were many Disney/Pixar animated films that were released. What did we think of this decade of movies? Was this a new golden era for Disney? What were your favorites?
Below is a list of Disney and Pixar movies that were released.

Disney:
* Tangled (2010)
* Winnie the Pooh (2011)
* Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
* Frozen (2013)
* Big Hero 6 (2014)
* Zootopia (2016)
* Moana (2016)
* Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018)
* Frozen II (2019)

Pixar:
* Toy Story 3 (2010)
* Cars 2 (2011)
* Brave (2012)
* Monsters University (2013)
* Inside Out (2015)
* The Good Dinosaur (2015)
* Finding Dory (2016)
* Cars 3 (2017)
* Coco (2017)
* Incredibles 2 (2018)
* Toy Story 4 (2019)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Kind of disappointing that Pixar kept recycling it's properties this decade, when I see it all laid out I notice that there's only 4 new properties for Pixar, and they were all such encapsulated stories (aside from maybe Inside Out) that I'm not sure sequels would even work. In the 2020s they'll have to come up with a lot more original characters, which the Disney side seems to be doing excellently.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Yeah, I agree. I heard that Pixar said they're putting an emphasis on originals this decade which is definitely exciting! I really enjoyed "Onward" and I'm looking forward to "Soul."
I thought Disney overall did a great job on their original movies.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I really liked the sequels Pixar made for Finding Nemo and the Incredibles. I don't think any of the movies they made this decade were bad. Well, Frozen 2's plot was all over the place and there could have been a better flow and better logic. But, it still was a beautiful movie. I enjoyed all the ones that I watched, but I can only say that Finding Dory and Coco are the only movies that I love from this decade.
Last edited by Pengwin on Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: