Roku Stick

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Roku Stick

Post by bookworm »

Anyone else have one of these things?

I got one at a garage sale a while ago, not understanding exactly what it did other than being some kind of streaming thing but figuring it was at least worth the couple bucks it was priced.

I just started using it. It's great! So many things available completely for free, I'm really amazed. I thought a lot more would need subscriptions.
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

Nope, no need for a subscription for many of the Roku channels... (Except for Prime Video, Netflix, etc) They are pretty great. :mrgreen:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I bought a Roku years ago to get the NHL app to watch hockey games (which did require a paid subscription) and there are some good things on there! I had never heard of it until I started trying to figure out how to watch hockey on my TV without cable or satellite.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, we had one of the original model Rokus when they were fairly new and now I'm pretty sure I'm not going to ever mess with Firestick or Chromecast or whatever. Two out of our three TVs are "Roku TVs" so its all built in, the other TV has a Roku box hooked to it. We got a free Roku Stick for signing up for something at some point, but its still in its packaging.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I have a firestick that I hacked a while ago... the free channels on these services are great, but the hacking stuff isn't worth it, the sources are never at a resolution you want. Might as well just pay for Hulu or whatever.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You can enter to win a free stick for a couple more days.