upcoming Marvel TV shows

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

upcoming Marvel TV shows

Post by bookworm »

We should probably start individual threads when the individual shows launch for focused discussion on each, but for now they're bring promoted together so discuss the slate of upcoming content as a whole here.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, it makes sense to talk about it together now, since none of them are out for months, and Loki won't even be out until next year. We get just a tiny peek here. New Marvel shows were part of what made me interested in Disney+ and these do look interesting. The WandaVision one looks weird. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when I saw this ad, it really didn't look like anything I would have ever come up with if I was guessing. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have no idea what Wanda Vision is. It's apparently central to the next phase of the MCU though and will directly tie in to Doctor Strange 2.

Which is my concern with this deluge of new content; unlike Agents of Shield which was canon but not critically connected to the movies, it's seeming like all of these are going to be pretty essential viewing to follow the MCU story going forward. It's a lot to keep up with even assuming I had Disney+, which I don't because I don't have streaming capabilities at home so I couldn't watch all this stuff even if I wanted to.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh, I hadn't heard that the show would directly tie into upcoming movies. Yeah, I can see issues for fans who miss out on stuff because they can't access things across multiple platforms. I guess we'll see how essential it ends up being. They might be slightly overselling the connections between the movies and shows to increase interest.