Sonic the Hedgehog

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Sonic the Hedgehog

Post by bookworm »

Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

I am mad at that design. Jim Carrey as Eggman looks good tho. And the voice actor for Sonic is great, just the design is horrible.
Resident JRPG nut
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don't care at all about this movie, but I'm very interested in the turn the production has taken.

After massive outcry over the look of Sonic they announced just two days after the trailer was released that they will be doing a redesign. That's huge. I don't think anything like this has ever happened before. The closest precedent I can think of is that Tiana backlash from the Wreck It Ralph 2 trailer, but all that had to be done there was redo one scene. This is changing the main character, and not just a simple adjustment but a complete redesign, so they're essentially remaking the entire movie. Is that even possible to do in 6 months?
Monty_Whittaker

Probably the movie will be delayed.
Resident JRPG nut
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Movie's been delayed until 2020. Which is a shame, because I was genuinely excited to watch it in its current state. It would've been a beautiful trainwreck. Hopefully some disgruntled production assistant or something leaks it in its original form.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

They must think it will be worth it in the long run to put in the time and money now, but i can't help wondering if that will pay off. I don't care enough to have a real opinion, more just curiosity.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Monty_Whittaker

I'm glad that abomination is gone... it won't haunt my nightmares anymore.
Resident JRPG nut
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Seriously, how hard was it to just do this the first time? This looks great.
The Sonic design does I mean. The movie not so much.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Have a well-established character look like he typically looks more or less instead of a weird ugly design? What a novel idea! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:Have a well-established character look like he typically looks more or less instead of a weird ugly design? What a novel idea! \:D/
I know; I truly don't understand how this ever actually happened. This isn't like it was going to be the first ever interpretation of something and they had to come up with the design on their own - this is a very established character with a very well known appearance, all they had to do was make it like it is! They made an intentional choice to do something else. I am at a complete loss to comprehend both why they decided to do that (it was just unnecessary work first of all) and once it was decided how it actually got approved to go into production.