Spider-man: Far from Home

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Spider-man: Far from Home

Post by The Top Crusader »

\:D/ It wasn't letting me just post it with the youtube tag for some reason so HA you've got to click it until someone smarter than me edits this post so it works properly! \:D/

Looks cool, though.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

It does.
Resident JRPG nut
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My thought when I know a new Spider-man movie is coming out is lately, "Well okay, cool, I like Spider-man and all and I'll probably check it out, but there have been a million Spidey films so I'm not really hyped..." and then the trailer comes out and I'm all hyped. \:D/ Especially since Marvel Studios is behind the live action ones now.

My one sort of complaint is they seem to be pairing him up with a mentor character again with Fury. I was... sort of okay with Iron Man in the last one, but traditionally Spidey has always been much more of a loner than anything, so, ehhh...
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I thought he was dead.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I'm always down for a Spider-Man movie, so I'm pretty hyped for this. I'm hoping it's more of an "inconsequential" super hero movie, like Homecoming. It's a nice break from the big, bombastic, take-over-the-world movies we usually get.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This looks very interesting! I knew there was another Spiderman movie coming but I didn't expect a trailer, and it definitely raises questions about what will happen in Infinity War, or what the timeline is on this movie. I'm quite curious and looking forward to this movie!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Did no one ever see this? Or everyone just never posted their thoughts for some reason.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, I can't vouch for my exact reason so much later, but I think that I might have wanted to post but realized I was the last post on the thread, decided to wait for someone else to post their thoughts first, and forgot about it when nobody else posted. I did see it in theatres and then once afterwards. By now it's been a while so I don't have really specific thoughts to share off hand. I thought some parts were really good, some were a little lame/predictable, and overall fun with a strong connection to previous Marvel movies in some sweet ways.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I liked it a lot; good story and the action was fantastic.

I did wince a bit at the sudden massive exposition dump at the twist reveal scene. The information it was giving was fine, they just probably should have come up with a better way to do it.

The visuals in the Mysterio confrontation were incredible and the whole flow of that scene was great. It reminded me a lot of that scene from Doctor Strange, but that one was super crazy and trippy; this one was disorienting in the same way yet more grounded, if that even makes sense. Anyway it was a really cool sequence.

I did not see the mid credits cliffhanger coming, wow I wonder where they are going with that!