America's Got Talent: The Champions (Season 2)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

America's Got Talent: The Champions (Season 2)

Post by snubs »

I didn't watch the last AGT Champions. I only saw bits of it. But I'm all in this season solely because Angelina Jordan is competing! I don't normally go for the singers on AGT, nor do I typically prefer female singers, but I just love her voice and style. She is very unique and a voice we haven't heard in a long time, much more talented than just your average singer. I've been following her for three years or so and have been waiting for her "big break," hopefully this is it!

I really want her to win, or at least, come in the top three! But I have no idea what the other contestants will be, so I'm not sure what she'll be up against. So far, Duo Transcend seems like they could be one of the top runners.

Other seasons: 1
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I saw a commercial for this a couple weeks ago but didn't know if it was a new series or a continuation from before or what. Is this a yearly thing now? I'm really out of the AGT loop.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'm assuming it will be a yearly thing. I guess it did well last year, so they want to continue it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I mean would this be viewed as a separate series from what was on before? Was there a winner of the thing last year? Was it an actual competition or just a best-of exhibition like that Christmas show they did? I really know nothing about it, I've tried to avoid show news and spoilers until I can get caught up on the last few seasons, so I just saw the commercials for the original run of this Champions thing, I never saw anything about what the show actually was and what ever happened on it.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Separate series from the regular AGT? I would say yes. But I guess technically no, because this season's Champions is apparently considered part of AGT's season 14. *shrugs* And it is, indeed, a competition. Not just an exhibition. They invite winners, runner-ups, finalists from past AGT seasons (from around the world) to compete for the world champion title.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I actually meant is it separate from the run of Champions episodes they had done before, but your response answers that too. If that previous airing did have some kind of conclusion then this would be its own thing not a continuation.
I was asking for thread organization purposes; if it's separate I guess there should be a new one for this 'season' like we have for the main show, so I'll split this so if/when I go back and follow up on the original post about last year's episodes they will be properly on topic while this year's run can continue to be discussed here.

Thanks posting about this snubs, like I said I'm really out of the loop at the moment so I wouldn't have known the details about what all is going on here!