Kong: Skull Island

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Kong: Skull Island

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Can I admit to being slightly interested because I like Tom Hiddleston's face? :anxious: I'm not a King Kong movie fan in any way, but I like some action/adventure movies, and I do like Tom Hiddleston! :inlove: I won't go see this in theatres unless a friend really wants to go, but I wouldn't mind seeing it eventually.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I've never seen a King Kong movie before, and until now wasn't really interested in doing so, but this actually unexpectedly has me legitimately excited. I think it looks like a lot of fun! I will definitely be seeing it; not sure if in the theater, though that would be my preference. I think it would be great to watch that big thing on a big screen!

What I'm really excited for now is when Kong takes on Godzilla after that franchise's sequel! That is going to be awesome!
Calhoun07
Not as new

Post by Calhoun07 »

I get more and more excited about this movie with each new trailer.

I really wanted to enjoy the 2005 King Kong movie but ended up thinking it may have been one of the worst of the decade. It was such a disappointment.

Now, anybody can make a great trailer. I could end up disappointed with this one. But I still want to see it. And, from what I understand, this new King Kong is going to tie in with the new Godzilla movies. Now, I don't know about everybody else, but that sounds like a whole ball of fun right there and I can't wait to see it!
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I hope its good. It looks good so far.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Make sure to stay after the credits, my sweet children.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So, I sadly didn't manage to get into the theater back when this came out, but I got the DVD for super cheap on Black Friday a couple years ago. But I just realized that for some reason I never got around to actually watching it yet! So I quickly did so before I go see the new one this week!

I absolutely loved every minute of this! It's very possible this is my favorite movie so far in the series! I'll have to rewatch King of the Monsters again to be sure because I liked that one a lot too, but I think this probably gets the edge from being nonstop monster action where the other interjected human stuff that I wasn't majorly interested in.

I expected a giant monster movie, and definitely got that, but it had way more of a specifically Jurassic Park type feeling to it than I was aware it would have, taking place all on that island with the whole plot just being try to survive all the things, which got me into it even more! I loved all the different kinds of creatures, the effects were great, the action was fantastic. The only negative I have is now that I've seen it I really regret not making it to a big screen viewing, it would have been amazing.

It absolutely flew by too; when it was over I could not believe that was a two hour movie!

I'm more hyped than ever for Godzilla vs Kong now!