Olympics! Vancouver, BC, Canada

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Termite wrote:"Apolo Ohno got three medals up in Vancouver... That's more than England!" - Jay Leno... xD
:lol: It's actually interesting to go through the medal counts. Great Britain got 1 medal, Australia got 3, Japan and Italy got 5, and Czech Republic beat them all with 6? Cool. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I love looking through the medal count... and then realize that my country did not get a thing! AH! They are stronger at summer sports... even though Bejiing sucked for them too... the war with Russia and all... 6 medals is surprisingly well compared to 0... and they sent 8 athletes... and 6 competed... (GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P. I'm nuts, you can tell)

Wow... GB got 1 medal? I'm laughing... winter must not be a highlight... they are probably more focused on OWNING THE PODIUM in 2012... bahaha... This is why Russia is getting annoyed. They want the podium in 2014... just like Canada wanted it... lol... good luck.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

"There is one advantage to being at the back of the pack.... You know no one's gonna pass you!" -Ohno on the Jay Leno Tonight Show. :lol:

"Unless someone DOES pass you... then you know something's wrong!" - And Jay's response. Haha.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I was very angry that Apolo did not wear his bandana on The Tonight Show. :x It's an integral part of his public image. Suits are for wusses. ( ;) )
Last edited by Aeva on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

And he's such a handsome wuss! :inlove:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Well, I didn't watch any of the Olympics except a little of the figure skating (on TV and online). I'm sure there are sports that I would've enjoyed watching, but I just have never watched sports online so I guess I don't know what I'm missing... even if it is the cream of the crop. ;)

On a somewhat related note, I found out today that the luger who died was exactly my age - born on November 25, 1988. That kind of caught me off guard, and reminded me just how fleeting life is. Praying for his family.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Lizzie, you are missing the greatest sports event on earth!

Well, one of the greatest sports events. The World Cup happens to be the greatest. ;) But in all seriousness, the Olympics are amazing. It's so exciting to watch the culmination of four years of hard work put in by the athletes to reach the level at which they compete.
Last edited by Aeva on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Who else is interested in watching the Paralympics? I really want to. :yes:
Love you always, SnC
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It does look interesting! My brother told me yesterday that tickets to the sledge hockey events were already sold out, so there must be a fair amount of interest out there. I'll be sure to check out whatever is televised. :D