The Mentalist

... anyone watching it?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

The Mentalist! :x

...reh?!! Whazzat...?
36%
Uh, heard of it.
18%
Watched it. Didn't like it.
9%
Watched it! 'sokay.
36%

Total votes: 11

Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

The Mentalist

Post by Oba-rai »

I know it's fairly new, and 14+, but I've recently gotten into (read: obsessed with) it. Any other viewers? It's on CBS, Tuesdays at ...9 pm, I think.
\:D/ Patrick Jane owns.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

OH OH OH! Okay, so, I've only seen about... 1 episode, but man... that's a gooooooooooooooooood show! Eck! YEAH! I also recently found out that one of the lead characters was on another fav show of mine... :) I hope to watch more of the episodes some day... I can't seem to find any full-lengh episodes anywhere. Even CBS doesn't have any.

That show ROCKS!!!! Good choice for an obsession! (JK)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Yeah... that Patrick Jane is fun to watch. :)
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:OH OH OH! Okay, so, I've only seen about... 1 episode, but man... that's a gooooooooooooooooood show! Eck! YEAH! I also recently found out that one of the lead characters was on another fav show of mine... :) I hope to watch more of the episodes some day... I can't seem to find any full-lengh episodes anywhere. Even CBS doesn't have any.

That show ROCKS!!!! Good choice for an obsession! (JK)
well, it is the first season; they don't really offer full episodes legally. but. ahem. I first watched #3 (red tide) on CBS in october, and found it rather awesome that Patrick Jane wears three-piece suits even to the beach. then I searched for it on my various tv show-watching sites, and got hooked.

so far my favourite episodes have been #5 (redwood), #9 (flame red), and #10 (red brick and ivy). #9 is probably the one I'll end up recommending to -anyone-, because to watch #10 it's best to watch the whole season up to that point.
Chandler wrote:Yeah... that Patrick Jane is fun to watch. :)
quite. ;)
they may be copper,
they might be giants.
ique
Found

Post by ique »

urr, I know I am um .. . some months late for this thread. ..

but I must say YOUR POLL ANSWERS WERE NOT GOOD D:
the best answer is "it's okay" ?! I am sure agatha would not approve, if agatha were to be answering said poll rather than making it.

at any rate I watch it occasionally, via links you post >.> <.<
it is a good show, I would like to see more of it.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Meh. It's a blatent (and much less well-done) ripoff of "Psych". Apparently the networks are too lazy to come up with their own ideas for shows now. Whatever.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Actually, Jugglah, three key differences:

1) Patrick Jane doesn't pretend to be psychic. Biggest difference.

2) There are two different sorts of genres represented. Psych is comedy/drama. The Mentalist is darker and deeper.

3) First season. Can I hear a "give it some time?"

Don't shoot it down. I'm assuming you've seen a couple/some episodes?
they may be copper,
they might be giants.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

both of them are entertaining to me, they're extremely different facets of a similar concept
but then again I don't have the required Burning Television Spirit to follow one show for any long period of time so maybe it's just something that needs work on my personality

Haven't watched very much of Mentalist yet, admittedly, but it certainly seems interesting. Hopefully the second-season curse won't hit it too hard.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Why isn't there an "AWESOME" option on this poll? ;)

And there is definately a major difference between 'Psych' and 'The Mentalist', and anyone who has seen more than 1-2 episodes will see that. Both are great shows, though!

And personal opinion: CBI Director is Red John. :-$

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i saw one episode but i really didnt like it at all.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Why isn't there an "AWESOME" option on this poll? ;)

And there is definately a major difference between 'Psych' and 'The Mentalist', and anyone who has seen more than 1-2 episodes will see that. Both are great shows, though!

And personal opinion: CBI Director is Red John. :-$

-Cowboy
Virgil Minelli?
._.
I've heard rumours it's Van Pelt, or Patrick Jane himself. I always console myself with the fact that most television writers can't think that far ahead, and don't actually know how such whiplash-causing plot twists will work.

Unless the writers for Mentalist are the same ones as Lost's.

In which case we're in for a squidge of a ride. o_o
they may be copper,
they might be giants.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Alright, I'm into this show right now. Working my way through the second season. Definitely a fan of Jane's character.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis