What is the last movie you saw?

post it

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I do really like the first Captain America movie, but I think the second one is even better! They're very different movies in a lot of ways, but Cap 2 is a great movie! Now I want to watch both of them. :anxious:

I watched "Love and Friendship" with a couple of friends yesterday evening, and we really enjoyed it! It's based on the Jane Austen story "Lady Susan," which is told entirely through letters. That makes it an interesting one to translate to a film, but we thought that it was very well done! We laughed a lot! I would definitely recommend it to any Jane Austen fans or those who appreciate British period films and laughter. :yes:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Aladdin (1992) with Robin Williams as the Genie.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Laurie wrote:Aladdin (1992) with Robin Williams as the Genie.
I love that movie so much. =D> It's such a fun classic.

The last movie I saw, was Holes, Disney's adaption of a popular children's book. It's definitely one of my favourites, since the writers managed to keep the characters as they seemed in the book and the mystic, near fantasy element that contrasted with the early 2000's setting.
And also, the heartbreaking romance that takes place in flashbacks to the wild west. :cry:
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Holes is a great book and a great movie. It is one of the few movies that stays true to the book in a meaningful way.

I saw Dr. Strange in theatres the other day. I had heard that it was worth seeing in 3D, and that was definitely a good recommendation! Very cool. I almost felt seasick at a few parts ;) but it was definitely one of those movies that is better on the big screen! I liked the story in general, though it wasn't my favourite Marvel movie. I like Benedict Cumberbatch and Rachel McAdams, so that worked out nicely for my viewing enjoyment as well. :inlove:
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

I watched Captain America: Civil War last night for my birthday. =D>

I love all the cool stunts pulled in the movie, the motorcycle scene especially. The difficult part is choosing a side, since I agree with both of them...I was more inclined to choose Team Stark, then again, Bucky is my favourite character. :cry: It's amazingly emotional, even for a superhero movie, very good acting.
And I can't forget Martin Freeman was in the movie. :D
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Inside Out

Watched it for the first time the other night.
It was an interesting concept and I liked the idea. Though, I feel like it could have had a little more depth? Maybe. It was a pretty good watch, but I wish I had come away with more.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I watched 'Arrival' on Tuesday. Really interesting film. It had a lot of interesting concepts and ideas and made some very good points about international relations. Its focus on inter-species communication and the language barrier that would inevitably exist between us and an alien race was very interesting. It was also nice to see an alien movie where the aliens weren't trying to kill us all. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a 'more talk, less action' kind of movie.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I guess it doesn't quite count as a movie, but my brother and I watched the first two parts of a three part Napoleon documentary on Netflix the other day, and plan to watch the last part soon. It is quite interesting. I already knew a few things, and had forgotten others ;) but there is a lot of good info, and it's presented in an interesting way overall. Some of the maps could have been presented more clearly to show border lines etc. but I have quite enjoyed it.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Charlie Brown Thanksgiving! =D
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

I saw Doctor Strange TWICE. *panic attack* But I do blame Isaiah the Ox for the other time. *nods*
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Countess wrote:I saw Doctor Strange TWICE. *panic attack* But I do blame Isaiah the Ox for the other time. *nods*
I saw Doctor Strange once, with my adult sister. :D It was interesting, the visual effects were beautiful and I really liked his character (Benedict's.)
I will only admit the ending was a little...strange. :lol:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had a couple of friends over today and we watched "Picture Perfect" (the one with Richard Karn, best known as Al from Home Improvement), which we all love and quote along with, and then "Tangled," which was super fun too! \:D/
Autumnal
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Autumnal »

I saw Moana. I can't say at all that I liked it as much as everyone else since the pacing throughout wasn't very good and that really killed it for me, but everything else was really great.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I'm currently watching Serenity.

Prior to that my last movie fully watched was For the Love of Spock - best documentary ever ever ever. I was bawling by the end. RIP Mr. Nimoy :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched the Netflix original "True Memoirs of an International Assassin" today. The trailer had looked kind of fun, and it was about what I expected - some action, some humour, nothing super serious. ;) There was a little more blood that I prefer, but still not super gross.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I watched The Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD last night.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

My family and I enjoyed of one of favourites tonight, Arthur Christmas. With the glow of the Christmas tree, and the buttery taste of popcorn, it was amazing.

The movie is one of the more touching, heartfelt adventures, and I can't help though love the elves. :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laurie wrote:I watched The Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD last night.
Fun! I have to watch that one soon too. :D

I watched the "good parts" version of Clueless last night on Netflix. I didn't have enough time for the whole movie, but different things kept reminding me of it and making me want to watch it, so I just skipped through to favourite parts. The "good parts" version could also be loosely retitled the "Paul Rudd parts" version. :inlove: O:)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation last night. A classic movie. My only complaint is that Freeform edits some of the profanity. That movie is only a classic with all of the profanity in it.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw Rogue One and Arrival in theatres yesterday. Coincidentally enough, both of them had Forest Whitaker in them! They were both good, though in different ways. I wouldn't have gone to see Arrival in theatres, but my brother really wanted to see it, so we went, and it was worth watching. I was quite curious about the aliens and what was going on, and it was an interesting story. It was way sadder than I expected, though! :sniff: