What is the last movie you saw?

post it

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I recently watch the 2nd and 3rd Narnia movies ('cause I only had seen the first one)... and I don't really see what all the hype is about. :anxious: They really aren't that good (I actually found parts a bit laughable).. *hides* Maybe I'm just not getting it or something.

Are the books better than the movies? Like with more meaning a such? Because I am tempted to read the books.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Shennifer wrote:I watched Death Comes to Pemberley on Monday night, the night before we all left Colorado. It was really good, better than I expected :)
though it was sad to say goodbye to my sister :(
I really liked that production! It inspired me to read the book (of the same name), which definitely had some differences, but was also very good.
snubs wrote:I recently watch the 2nd and 3rd Narnia movies ('cause I only had seen the first one)... and I don't really see what all the hype is about. :anxious: They really aren't that good (I actually found parts a bit laughable).. *hides* Maybe I'm just not getting it or something.

Are the books better than the movies? Like with more meaning a such? Because I am tempted to read the books.
Read the books! :yes: They are way better than the movies. The first movie is pretty good, but I think the other two do a disservice to the source material. They're not terrible, but there's no comparison to the actual stories! I would highly recommend the Chronicles of Narnia series. The Focus on the Family Radio Theatre version of all seven books is very well done and well worth listening to as well.

I watched "The Beautician and the Beast" today. Apparently it was made in 1997, and I saw it listed on Netflix and had vague recollections of watching it a long time ago. Not 1997, but not too many years later at a friend's birthday party, and couldn't resist watching it. It's fun, if nothing else. ;)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Catspaw wrote:
snubs wrote:I recently watch the 2nd and 3rd Narnia movies ('cause I only had seen the first one)... and I don't really see what all the hype is about. :anxious: They really aren't that good (I actually found parts a bit laughable).. *hides* Maybe I'm just not getting it or something.

Read the books! :yes: They are way better than the movies. The first movie is pretty good, but I think the other two do a disservice to the source material. They're not terrible, but there's no comparison to the actual stories! I would highly recommend the Chronicles of Narnia series. The Focus on the Family Radio Theatre version of all seven books is very well done and well worth listening to as well.
I believe you. =) Books are usually better anyhow. So I probably will check out the books, sometime! I actually wanted to hear the dramatized Radio Theatre version. I heard a tiny bit years ago.

Jumping back, the fight scenes in all the movies were pretty good, I have to say. So I'll give them credit for that. And I definitely liked the second movie better than the third.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

snubs wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

I believe you. =) Books are usually better anyhow. So I probably will check out the books, sometime! I actually wanted to hear the dramatized Radio Theatre version. I heard a tiny bit years ago.

Jumping back, the fight scenes in all the movies were pretty good, I have to say. So I'll give them credit for that. And I definitely liked the second movie better than the third.
Yay! I don't know how you feel about Kindle stuff, but it looks like you can get the entire seven-book series for less than a dollar that way! Otherwise, I'm sure they should be in any self-respecting library.

The second movie is better than the third, but they both make unnecessary and detrimental changes from the books, in my opinion.

I watched "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" tonight. \:D/ I hadn't watched it in a really long time, and it's just one of those movies that is totally ridiculous (I mean, it's the Looney Tunes gang - that's a given!) and I love it! Fun times!
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

God's Not Dead... again.
*ducks*
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Catspaw wrote:Yay! I don't know how you feel about Kindle stuff, but it looks like you can get the entire seven-book series for less than a dollar that way! Otherwise, I'm sure they should be in any self-respecting library.
Ooohh, thank you muchly! =D Yeah, I may just get them from the library, because physical books are just so much more fun. =}
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Saw Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation last night, it was pretty rad. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I tried to watch "Jane Eyre" (2013) on Netflix, but the internet cut out halfway through and then even after the internet was working everywhere else, I just couldn't convince Netflix to let me finish the movie. We do Netflix through a WiiU, so sometimes we need to reset a few times, and I got tired of trying. It's not like I don't know the ending. ;) I'll try again tomorrow, because it was an interesting version so far.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

So my mom got this movie called, "What about Bob" out at the Library and so our family watched it last night. Since it was supposed to be a comedy I wasn't too impressed with it considering I only laughed like once, but I guess people enjoyed it when it came out xP Our librarian was so excited when we got it out too =P (and since I'm at the library right now...He's right in front of me...Which is completely irrelevant, but still)
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That is a very funny movie, Paula! I guess it depends on your sense of humour, but my family really enjoyed watching "What About Bob."

I watched "Despicable Me 2" today for the first time. I'm only two years behind. ;) It got added to Netflix (or at least Canadian Netflix) recently, and it looked like just the kind of light-hearted fun I wanted to watch. It was very cute.
Wretched Sinner
Lurker

Post by Wretched Sinner »

I watched an HBO special where they took the first two Godfather movies and put them in chronologic order and added in a ton of extended stuff and deleted scenes. Over 7 hours altogether. It was amazing. In March I'm going to see the first Godfather movie with the soundtrack played by a live orchestra.
My username used to be Wooton Bassett.
I love music! Check out what I listen to at http://www.last.fm/user/Zonark000
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I saw Bridge of Spies recently, it was extremely good and I really really enjoyed it. Some amazing acting and such a cool story.
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

Cinderalla \:D/

This Disney Princess sure has a lot of depth to her personality. :wacky: If I was her, I would have done something cruel to that stepmother. :x

Anyway, good movie. I liked the music. :yes:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Countess wrote:If I was her, I would have done something cruel to that stepmother. :x
I think the original story (or one of the versions) tells that Cinderalla kills her. :-
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Actually in the original (or whatever was closest to the original) it never mentions what happens with the stepmother and stepsisters. In one version, it mentions the stepsisters being forgiven and they get married too. And I know in the Grimm version, the stepsisters' eyes get pecked out by doves.. Not Cinderella's doing, but yeah.. =p
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Kaida wrote:Actually in the original (or whatever was closest to the original) it never mentions what happens with the stepmother and stepsisters. In one version, it mentions the stepsisters being forgiven and they get married too. And I know in the Grimm version, the stepsisters' eyes get pecked out by doves.. Not Cinderella's doing, but yeah.. =p
Yeah, Grimm's version is what I'm talking about. Cinderella murders her stepmother so her father would marry the nicer housekeeper... but she turned out to be worse.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

I've read the Grimm version.. I don't remember that.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Wretched Sinner
Lurker

Post by Wretched Sinner »

I watched Whiplash yesterday. I went into it not really knowing anything about the movie and I was blown away. Easily one of my favourite movies of all time.
My username used to be Wooton Bassett.
I love music! Check out what I listen to at http://www.last.fm/user/Zonark000
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Kaida wrote:I've read the Grimm version.. I don't remember that.
Well, I read it online so.. I wouldn't know for sure. :- =p
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

I saw the Cinderalla 2015 version and she forgave her stepmother. But yeah, there's a lot of different versions. My favorite will always be Ever After though. :inlove: