Exactly why we need to have a controversial media area

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Termite wrote:SO. I had never seen this before, but once I heard Dave Filoni was one of the directors I was totally sold.

I'm halfway through season 3, and this is hands down one of the best animated series I have ever watched \:D/ It's also one I haven't really seen any spoilers for; I ignored it on the olden days of Tumblr, and there wasn't as much immediately on the internet like things are now, so it's been super fun. The character development is amazing. I have laughed out loud, cried, and squeed more than once.
There also might've been a "DAAAANG UNCLE IROH WOOOOO!" during the episode where Uncle Iroh is working out and drops his robe to reveal his shredded self. I wish I felt embarrassed, but I don't. Gotta love a hunk who loves tea, amiright? :inlove:
OH! That is so FUN! You are getting to experience a great show for the first time even though it's been out for years. I'm so glad you didn't get completely spoiled either! Makes it even better!
I agree! That was such a great moment! I love it when they show us just how powerful Iroh is as a bender.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

Termite wrote:SO. I had never seen this before, but once I heard Dave Filoni was one of the directors I was totally sold.

I'm halfway through season 3, and this is hands down one of the best animated series I have ever watched \:D/ It's also one I haven't really seen any spoilers for; I ignored it on the olden days of Tumblr, and there wasn't as much immediately on the internet like things are now, so it's been super fun. The character development is amazing. I have laughed out loud, cried, and squeed more than once.
There also might've been a "DAAAANG UNCLE IROH WOOOOO!" during the episode where Uncle Iroh is working out and drops his robe to reveal his shredded self. I wish I felt embarrassed, but I don't. Gotta love a hunk who loves tea, amiright? :inlove:
I did begin to "watch" the film once I found out it was off of season 1, but then I ended up skipping through and just catching highlights at which I could snort. Snort, I did.
MonkeyDude wrote:That being said, there is a very special place in my heart reserved for Appa and Appa alone.
I had to verbally talk myself down from buying a giant Appa plushie :( I'm still slightly regretting it, but alas - I don't need it :mecry:
This makes me so happy honestly haha! Dave Filoni is the bomb, man! I think one of the few things that could have made the show better was if he had stuck around.
snubspaw wrote:
I agree! That was such a great moment! I love it when they show us just how powerful Iroh is as a bender.
Oh for sure!
Especially that one scene where Azula has Iroh and Zuko corned at the palace in Ba Sing Sa I believe and he just straight up spews fire out of this mouth.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

snubspaw wrote:

OH! That is so FUN! You are getting to experience a great show for the first time even though it's been out for years. I'm so glad you didn't get completely spoiled either! Makes it even better!
Spoilers are im-poss-i-ble in this day and age, so I'm very glad I didn't encounter any!

I would also like to officially update you and let you know I finished the show the next day. Totally worth it \:D/
MonkeyDude wrote:This makes me so happy honestly haha! Dave Filoni is the bomb, man! I think one of the few things that could have made the show better was if he had stuck around.
Is that why Legend of Korra got (so I've heard) weird?? A friend told me she didn't like it compared to the original series.
MonkeyDude wrote:
snubspaw wrote:
Oh for sure!
Especially that one scene where Azula has Iroh and Zuko corned at the palace in Ba Sing Sa I believe and he just straight up spews fire out of this mouth.
"Why do you think they call me the dragon of the West??"

"Leaves From the Vine," though :mecry:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Termite wrote:I would also like to officially update you and let you know I finished the show the next day. Totally worth it \:D/
BAHA, that's great. xD It's a show that's hard to stop watching once started! \:D/
Termite wrote:
MonkeyDude wrote:This makes me so happy honestly haha! Dave Filoni is the bomb, man! I think one of the few things that could have made the show better was if he had stuck around.
Is that why Legend of Korra got (so I've heard) weird?? A friend told me she didn't like it compared to the original series.
I wouldn't know. But I will say, The Legend of Korra is still a fun watch, but it doesn't top the Last Airbender. :noway: I think season 3 was my favorite out of the 4 seasons.
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

Termite wrote:
"Why do you think they call me the dragon of the West??"
"Leaves From the Vine," though :mecry:
AAaarhhh "Leaves From the Vine"! When I watched the show as a kid I always just thought, "Ah sad boi hours" but during my obligatory quarantine re-watch it really got to me man. I know I'm stating the obvious here but it's so powerful that he spends his whole life helping others but he couldn't help the one person most important to him. Or maybe he helps people for that reason, I don't know haha
Anyways I'm super pumped you enjoyed the show! Yeah, Korra, in terms of writing, comes short of The Last Airbender's legacy in my opinion but there's still some great stuff in there.
Primarily Amon and Tarrlok's endgame
*Finger guns aggressively*
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

MonkeyDude wrote:Anyways I'm super pumped you enjoyed the show! Yeah, Korra, in terms of writing, comes short of The Last Airbender's legacy in my opinion but there's still some great stuff in there.
Primarily Amon and Tarrlok's endgame
YES. I was actually shocked when that happened. That is one big difference from The Last Airbender: the amount of deaths in the show.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

:mad:
https://ew.com/tv/nickelodeon-expanding ... mated-film

I was bummed to hear that the original creators parted ways with Netflix on the live-action series, but I think I like this better. \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Petrichor wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:04 pm :mad:
https://ew.com/tv/nickelodeon-expanding ... mated-film

I was bummed to hear that the original creators parted ways with Netflix on the live-action series, but I think I like this better. \:D/
Now THIS is interesting!! =O

I’m excited to hear more as it develops!