Monk

Everyone's favourite Obsessive-Compulsive Detective

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

A friend of mine loves this show. I watched a clip on YouTube (and it made me laugh), but I don't get the USA Network.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I was debating to bump this or not... but it isn't... TOO terribly long since it was last posted in... it has just... been bumped a lot over the last couple years. >_>

Anyway, great show. I never watched it once in its original run on USA but now all the seasons are available on Netflix instant streaming and we have been going through them... we are just over halfway done. \:D/
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I've seen a couple, so if they still played it I would watch it more...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I've only seen a few episodes, but what i've seen i really like 8-) Funny, with some elements of weird truth and interesting ideas.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Monk is one of, if not my favorite, crime show. I own the whole series. I'll agree that some of the plots are a little weak and there are so many inconsistencies it's laughable. =p But I just love the character of Adrian Monk, I actually relate to him when it comes to his anxiety and irrational fears... BUT ANYWHO, Adrian has such a childlike essence about him I can't help but love him.

Dunno if this would be a spoiler for people or not.. but I'll put it in a spoiler anyway.
I was so sad when Sharona left the show! D= I LOVED HER CHARACTER. I couldn't stand Monk's new partner, Natalie. :x Though, after her first-second season on the show her character did improve and I started to like her more.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

PSA: This show is on the newly launched Peacock streaming service, all episodes are available with the free account.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I think this show was definitely one of my favorites. I've watched through it once all the way through, and most of the way through a second time. I just love the characters!
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis