What song are you listening to right now?

I love discovering things I can add to my playlist, maybe you do too!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member
What song are you listening to right now?

Post by coffeeappreciation »

Right now "Tea for Two" by Art Tatum. (specifically this one)

(I listen to a lot of random genres so I am so excited to share some and hear some more!)
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious:
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I got a bunch!

- Sufjan Stevens/Angelo De Augustine: "Back To Oz"
- Bad Bad Hats: "Awkward Phase"
- DK the Drummer feat. Scarypoolparty: "Divided"
- Sleigh Bells: "Locust Laced"
- Semler: "Psalm 102"
he/him | a little stinker.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Basically anything by The Oh Hellos, but specifically: "Thus Always to Tyrants," "Rose", and "Where is your Rider."
Arcadia Wild: "Man in Room 39"
Orla Gartland: "Why Am I Like This" is a guilty pleasure.
Gradience: "Bleak" A reflection on the book of Eccleciastes written by a guy that I went to Bible school with.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

I was listening to "Music Inspired by the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" It's a really epic sounding album that strangely enough was composed by a Swedish heavy metal rocker. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHb3OnT ... FqNbxUThYF It's inspired by an amazing comic book series.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I caught up to the daily broadcasts for AIO, so back to some music!
Avril Lavigne: "Bad Girl." Not her best work; probably on the lower end of middle. And despite what the majority of the world thinks, "Girlfriend" is one of her worst songs, but it's what everyone remembers her for. *sigh* So misunderstood.
And because I was going alphabetically, before Avril I had Avicii "Wake Me Up" going.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member
Post by coffeeappreciation »

Pirate Oriana wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:11 pm Basically anything by The Oh Hellos, but specifically: "Thus Always to Tyrants," "Rose", and "Where is your Rider."
Arcadia Wild: "Man in Room 39"
Orla Gartland: "Why Am I Like This" is a guilty pleasure.
Gradience: "Bleak" A reflection on the book of Eccleciastes written by a guy that I went to Bible school with.
Steve wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:48 am I got a bunch!

- Sufjan Stevens/Angelo De Augustine: "Back To Oz"
- Bad Bad Hats: "Awkward Phase"
- DK the Drummer feat. Scarypoolparty: "Divided"
- Sleigh Bells: "Locust Laced"
- Semler: "Psalm 102"
Patterson wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:10 pm I was listening to "Music Inspired by the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" It's a really epic sounding album that strangely enough was composed by a Swedish heavy metal rocker. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHb3OnT ... FqNbxUThYF It's inspired by an amazing comic book series.
KODY 105 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:23 am I caught up to the daily broadcasts for AIO, so back to some music!
Avril Lavigne: "Bad Girl." Not her best work; probably on the lower end of middle. And despite what the majority of the world thinks, "Girlfriend" is one of her worst songs, but it's what everyone remembers her for. *sigh* So misunderstood.
And because I was going alphabetically, before Avril I had Avicii "Wake Me Up" going.

I have so much to listen to now! Thanks guys! Sufjan Stevens is awesome. I love alternative music in general too. Honestly, I haven't listened to much of avril lavigne so now I'm checking this one out lol. Oh, and Avici! My fav so far is What Would I Change It To. :))
The one that's got me bamboozled the most is the Scrooge Mcduck album. It sounds very relaxing, but I feel that I don't understand what I'm listening to. I enjoy the comics scrolling in the background too.

Last thing I listened to was Dusk by RTE Concert Orchestra & Ernest Tomlinson. Around second 30 is absolute bliss. The chords are just awesome.
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm listening to O Holy Night, courtesy of a fun Facebook livestream a couple of the guys from Straight No Chaser are doing right now. \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Carpenters "Love is Surrender." Not my favorite Carpenters song, but it's on the album "Close to You," which is also not my favorite album of theirs. But I'm a completionist, so I have the whole album.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

I'm listening to some songs from the Midsouth Boys.
He Delivers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l198TywTnVU
Puttin' the Axe to the Root of my troubles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VyhShaopGo
Rest Assured: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcqE-Boy5DQ
I find some of their songs encouraging when I feel burnt out or depressed. They're an 80s christian band that's kinda almost country music. A few of their songs are in a similar style to the band Alabama.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve

Post by Steve »

- john louis: "without you" (alt-rock in the vein of switchfoot/mike mains/late relient k)
- big thief: "spud infinity" (folk country)
- fka twigs: "darjeeling" (pop/afrobeat/r&b)
- the mountain goats: "golden boy" (folk [if you like sufjan stevens, you'll probably dig this]
- underoath "i'm pretty sure i'm out of luck and i have no friends (metalcore)
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Right now, The Reason by Hoobastank. I don't even know why.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Parakeet wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:47 pm Right now, The Reason by Hoobastank. I don't even know why.
it's because you're not a perfect person

- mutemath: typical
- the mountain goats: the legend of chavo guerrero
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Shakira - Dare (La La La). I'm only playing through my set alphabetically, and that's where it's at right now. It's hardly her best "song" if you call them that. I suppose "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)" is her best.
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

Show Me The Way by John Schlitt. For a long time, he was the lead singer for the christian rock band Petra. This song is lighter than a lot of his, Petra had a great softer metal(sorry don't know the term, I'm not a huge metal guy typically) sound to a lot of their songs in the 80s and 90s. One Petra song is pretty much Heaven's on Fire by KISS with the lyrics changed.