Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Looks like fun! I don't know much about this but the trailer looks pretty good. I'm very curious how this will fit into the Marvel universe.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I know absolutely nothing about this, but I love the aesthetic.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I was interested to begin with... the Mandarin and ten rings finally getting their due.

But the new trailer has Abomination back in the MCU and what appears to be FING FANG FOOM, the DRAGON THAT WEARS FUNNY PANTS, so I'm even more excited now! \:D/

I will be really bummed if they change the dragon pants, though.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

As always, Top knows all kinds of neat stuff that I don't know! \:D/

This looks pretty good to me, whether there are dragon pants or not!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I wasn't really in a rush to see this, but I kept seeing random spoilers and figured I might as well, so I did. And it was a movie and they did kung fu and there were like dragons and stuff. I like classic Bruce Lee and more modern stuff like Tony Jaa, but this kind of started feeling like Jaa but ended up going pretty deep into "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" territory, which I appreciate but isn't really my thing. I like the lead guy quite a bit as well as his father, but the sister was just sort of there and his buddy was sometimes funny, and I know its walking a fine line, but for *me* came off as annoying more than funny most times. There was another character (that I won't spoil but Marvel's own Facebook page has, so?) who showed up and had a small role that was more entertaining, I thought.

I would say I still liked it/enjoyed it, but it wouldn't be like super high on an MCU tier list for me--of course there are a lot of really good movies there so that isn't a bad thing.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I figured out who the character that you are not mentioning by name would be when I saw that Disney+ had added a ten minute bonus feature from a previous feature film that I suppose should also remain nameless ;) under their "new" category, and watching it reminded me of stuff I had totally forgotten. I assume that I am not the only one. It did make me wonder if they intended to make this movie earlier, since that seems like quite a lot of time between a bit of a set up and the actual payoff.

That said, I have not seen this movie yet. Maybe this weekend or next weekend.