AIO 35th Anniversary Celebration Suggestions

The AIO Team asks for the fans' suggestions!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Polehaus53
29K to go!
AIO 35th Anniversary Celebration Suggestions

Post by Polehaus53 »

Next year, on November 21, 2022, Adventures in Odyssey will be celebrating its 35th anniversary! In the latest episode of the Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast, the AIO Team asked the fans for suggestions on what to do to celebrate Odyssey’s 35th anniversary. From what I understand, the AIO Team does not plan to do a live show or a Get in the Show contest because they are busy with other things.

I’m curious to know everyone’s thoughts on this. How do you think Odyssey should celebrate this milestone? What are some things they should do? Or should they do nothing? Let’s discuss!
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

They should build it up as a big surprise coming for the 35th, then just announce they are ending the show on that date. \:D/
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

The Top Crusader wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:51 am They should build it up as a big surprise coming for the 35th, then just announce they are ending the show on that date. \:D/
The Mortal Coil 2: Whit Dies For Real
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh my. With the bar set so high, I feel intimidated sharing any ideas. :(

I love the live shows of the past but can see why they might want to do something different. I wish I had a great idea. Maybe something online that fans could contribute memories ahead of time and a few key cast or crew members could add to that?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

They should bring back Hal Smith and Paul Herlinger. WHIT IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS!!!!!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

In all honesty, I'd love to see a well-produced documentary film about the show. Maybe hold off another 5 years until the big 40. I know there have been several short-form documentaries included as bonus material on the animated series DVDs, but a good 90-minute movie would be really fun. Do a limited theater release, have some key cast and crew do a Q&A at a couple showings in Colorado. Then put it on Prime for free a year later so that those of us with no money and a child can watch it.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I wish I was as clever as Steve. I really like that idea! I'd watch that.