Album 71 Speculations *Spoiler Alert*

Spoilers involved- proceed with caution

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
WootonandPenny
Lurker
Album 71 Speculations *Spoiler Alert*

Post by WootonandPenny »

The title is
A Slippery Slope
The summary is
In A Slippery Slope, album #71 of the series, a girl loses her faith and walks through the process of seeing if she can ever find it again. Each of the six episodes conveys a strong moral theme
Episodes and Theme:
1. “The Team”―Teamwork
2. “Please Adjust Your Frequency”―Pride
3. “Higher than Our Ways”―Grief
4. “Triple-Decker Sundae”―Faith
5. “Set a Watchman”―Friendship
6. “Worth It”―God’s Way
The album will be released on
October 5, 2021 on CD and this summer in the Adventures in Odyssey Club.
So... any theories?
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

I am very nervous & curious to hear how the "character losing her faith" storyline will unfold. It's rather obviously Emily at this point. I just hope it's handled delicately and well. The themes of prior episodes in the Rydell arc have been extremely questionable, but I hope they will treat Emily's story carefully so it will be poignant and well-done. Hoping for the best! I wonder if all six episodes with tie together in either a thematic or story way.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

The loss of faith angle should be interesting if for no other reason than to see how it is tackled. I can remember 2 times in particular this type of thing has happened. They tackled it once with Jessie and Harlow, which was kind of lighthearted. Years later they kinda did it with Mandy during her parents split but went so far as changing a title from Fall From Grace to Only By His Grace because of the theological implications. So I'm curious to see where it goes.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Definitely. If done well, this could be an extremely poignant way to show a character who has been through hardship & trauma question her faith.

Spoilers for "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off", the album 70 finale:
It was implied when she let out her emotions at the end of the episode that she feels abandoned by God. "I've been praying that He would take away these feelings but they're still there...." It makes sense in terms of Emily's character evolution. I'm excited to see what they do with that.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

So...the artwork for the album is out now. This raises a lot of interesting theories. Theories:
I think there are three different people that could be the injured person.
1. Emily
Maybe she gets badly hurt (Did Morrie or Suzu push her? Only partly kidding.) and this is the straw that breaks the camel's back, to borrow the colloquialism.
2. Matthew
Maybe Matthew gets badly hurt (or dies) and the loss of Emily's close friend drives her away from God.
3. Barrett
Hear me out on this one. I know we haven't heard from him since Album 57 and the actor for him hasn't been around. However, he could get injured (or die) "offscreen". There would not have to be any lines from Barrett, especially if he is in bad condition. This may be the hardest of the three possibilities for Emily to go through and may be the biggest challenge to her faith.
I am nervous and excited to hear this album. Album 70 was almost 100% awesome so I'm trying to keep my expectations for this one down.
WootonandPenny
Lurker
Post by WootonandPenny »

The cover is very interesting, if it isn't related to the whole album, i will literally ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I'm a little surprised we haven't got any new info on this album so far. I actually would be okay if I went in not knowing much more than what we have. A lot of hype and then be let down would be too much like Album 69. An album summary would be nice to have though. Album 70 has aired on the radio so any potential spoilers are not a concern anymore.