Album 70 Discussion!

What we know so far...make your predictions!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
User avatar
Monica Stone
I guess I'll stick around
Posts: 172
Joined: March 2020
Location: Odyssey

Album 70 Discussion!

Post by Monica Stone »

Just a warning: don't read this thread if you haven't heard album 69. There will undoubtedly be major spoilers for the previous album in the thread replies.

Album 70 is titled "Finding a Way" and will be available on the AIOC this December.

Here's the cover art:
Image
Description:
Adventures in Odyssey volume 70 includes the first episodes ever recorded remotely with the actors in their home studios rather than together in one place. Finding a Way continues storylines and characters from Volume 69: Best Kept Secrets. This volume is sure to be a hit with your family and help you initiate great conversations with your kids.
We have two confirmed episodes:
  • -Unrelatable
    -Let's Call the Whole Thing Off
What are your predictions?
User avatar
CarlR
I got this...
Posts: 32
Joined: August 2020
Location: The Rydell Home
Gender:
Contact:

Post by CarlR »

I am really exited for this album (and I love the cover art)!! I can’t wait to see what “Unrelatable” brings, but my real excitement is for “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off”. It has such and interesting titled, and premise, oh, and the episode will feature:
Emily, Suzy, Morrie, and some unexpected people.
Last edited by CarlR on Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckles shipper, love Connie and Eugene. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.


Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~~
User avatar
Bob
-
Posts: 506
Joined: September 2006
Location: Texas
Gender:

Post by Bob »

That title is hilarious, given the reaction to the previous episodes.
User avatar
CarlR
I got this...
Posts: 32
Joined: August 2020
Location: The Rydell Home
Gender:
Contact:

Post by CarlR »

I know!!
Buckles shipper, love Connie and Eugene. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.


Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~~
User avatar
ByeByeBrownie
Why am I even here?
Posts: 145
Joined: February 2020
Contact:

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Not gonna lie, I am genuinely terrified of what could happen in Let's Call the Whole Thing Off.
I feel like it's just going to be like, uh, yeah, so we were all just messing around, right? Nbd. You know what? Let's just forget all that stuff happened.

And that is NOT okay.
Image
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
User avatar
CarlR
I got this...
Posts: 32
Joined: August 2020
Location: The Rydell Home
Gender:
Contact:

Post by CarlR »

I think the episode maybe something like Suzu and Morrie try to regain Emily’s friendship by using there old tricks, I hope this is not the case though.
Buckles shipper, love Connie and Eugene. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.


Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~~
User avatar
Monica Stone
I guess I'll stick around
Posts: 172
Joined: March 2020
Location: Odyssey

Post by Monica Stone »

I'm gonna call it now and say "Jumping Off, Jumping In" will be on album 70. It was supposed to be on album 69, but I guess they realized that wouldn't work with the other episodes they had planned on the album. It sounds like an interesting episode, so I definitely look forward to it whenever it may release.

Will Jules's arc be continued in this album? It "continues the storylines and characters." That definitely refers to the Rydell Saga, but what about Jules, Buck, Connie, etc?

What on earth does the title "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" mean? Is Raymond Rydell taking his kids back to Japan? Is Whit's End closing down? (Not likely, but I would be fine if that's where they took the story next.) It's such a weird title! ](*,) I have low expectations for this one because the themes of the last couple episodes were so wrong.
ByeByeBrownie wrote:Not gonna lie, I am genuinely terrified of what could happen in Let's Call the Whole Thing Off.
I feel like it's just going to be like, uh, yeah, so we were all just messing around, right? Nbd. You know what? Let's just forget all that stuff happened.
Nathan Hoobler said there will be distinctions made between what Morrie & Suzu did versus what Whit does with his inventions. But the problem is, Whit does the basically the same stuff as Morrie in this three-parter, so unless they make it clear Whit was also wrong, I don't see how the arc will address that! Hoping for the best, expecting the worst...?
If they play off what Morrie, Suzu, and Whit did, I'm going to go to FOTF myself and protest.
User avatar
CarlR
I got this...
Posts: 32
Joined: August 2020
Location: The Rydell Home
Gender:
Contact:

Post by CarlR »

Monica Stone wrote:I'm gonna call it now and say "Jumping Off, Jumping In" will be on album 70. It was supposed to be on album 69, but I guess they realized that wouldn't work with the other episodes they had planned on the album. It sounds like an interesting episode, so I definitely look forward to it whenever it may release.

Will Jules's arc be continued in this album? It "continues the storylines and characters." That definitely refers to the Rydell Saga, but what about Jules, Buck, Connie, etc?

What on earth does the title "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" mean? Is Raymond Rydell taking his kids back to Japan? Is Whit's End closing down? (Not likely, but I would be fine if that's where they took the story next.) It's such a weird title! ](*,) I have low expectations for this one because the themes of the last couple episodes were so wrong.
ByeByeBrownie wrote:Not gonna lie, I am genuinely terrified of what could happen in Let's Call the Whole Thing Off.
I feel like it's just going to be like, uh, yeah, so we were all just messing around, right? Nbd. You know what? Let's just forget all that stuff happened.
Nathan Hoobler said there will be distinctions made between what Morrie & Suzu did versus what Whit does with his inventions. But the problem is, Whit does the basically the same stuff as Morrie in this three-parter, so unless they make it clear Whit was also wrong, I don't see how the arc will address that! Hoping for the best, expecting the worst...?
If they play off what Morrie, Suzu, and Whit did, I'm going to go to FOTF myself and protest.
Here is a list of the episode I think will be in the album:
“Unrelatable” (confirmed)
“Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off” (confirmed)
“Jumping Off, Jumping In”
“Search For a Sunflower”or “Hurricane Perkins”
“Auto Response” (if this is not in the Album... :evil:)
“The Christmas Bells” or “The Protector”

I think two Perkins episodes are enough, so I hope they discard from the album either “Hurricane Perkins” or “The Protector”.
Buckles shipper, love Connie and Eugene. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.


Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~~
User avatar
ByeByeBrownie
Why am I even here?
Posts: 145
Joined: February 2020
Contact:

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Monica Stone wrote:Will Jules's arc be continued in this album?
I sure hope so!! :cheerleader:
Monica Stone wrote:What on earth does the title "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" mean?
(Please do forgive me if I'm repeating something y'all already know, but) "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" is a Gershwin song that's basically a satire in which two lovers keep pointing out silly differences between each other and sarcastically saying that because they're different, they should just call the whole thing off. Hence, the title leads me to believe that this episode will try to say that the differences between how Emily sees everything that happened and how Whit/Morrie/Suzu see it, are really negligible and silly, and that Emily should just forget everything and forgive everybody. Hence, my alarm at this title selection. And, of course, it's quite likely that I'm completely wrong.
Monica Stone wrote:Is Whit's End closing down? (Not likely, but I would be fine if that's where they took the story next.)
OMGOODNESS, Monica, this is a BRILLIANT idea! Imagine if Whit actually shut down Whit's End for a while to reevaluate what he's doing with his inventions and so forth. I would just LIVE for that!
Monica Stone wrote:Nathan Hoobler said there will be distinctions made between what Morrie & Suzu did versus what Whit does with his inventions. But the problem is, Whit does the basically the same stuff as Morrie in this three-parter, so unless they make it clear Whit was also wrong, I don't see how the arc will address that! Hoping for the best, expecting the worst...?
This is a great observation! It's also worth pointing out that Whit has used real-life people-manipulation in other cases, as well (including, but not limited to Between You and Me and Millstones). And I am right there with ya on hoping for the best and expecting the worst.
CarlR wrote:Here is a list of the episode I think will be in the album:
“Unrelatable” (confirmed)
“Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off” (confirmed)
“Jumping Off, Jumping In”
“Search For a Sunflower”or “Hurricane Perkins”
“Auto Response” (if this is not in the Album... :evil:)
“The Christmas Bells” or “The Protector”

I think two Perkins episodes are enough, so I hope they discard from the album either “Hurricane Perkins” or “The Protector”.
I'm definitely with you on two being enough Perkins episodes for an album--especially with all the other story arcs going on right now. I feel like I did hear somewhere that Jumping Off, Jumping In is going to end up being a club episode, but don't quote me on that.

I'm also super excited for the Christmas episode! I feel like we haven't had one of those in a while. :)
Image
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
User avatar
Monica Stone
I guess I'll stick around
Posts: 172
Joined: March 2020
Location: Odyssey

Post by Monica Stone »

ByeByeBrownie wrote: (Please do forgive me if I'm repeating something y'all already know, but) "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" is a Gershwin song that's basically a satire in which two lovers keep pointing out silly differences between each other and sarcastically saying that because they're different, they should just call the whole thing off. Hence, the title leads me to believe that this episode will try to say that the differences between how Emily sees everything that happened and how Whit/Morrie/Suzu see it, are really negligible and silly, and that Emily should just forget everything and forgive everybody. Hence, my alarm at this title selection. And, of course, it's quite likely that I'm completely wrong.
Ooh, that's really informative. I don't think aio would go so far as to completely wave off the trauma Morrie & Suzu caused Emily, but honestly...I don't know what to expect from them anymore. Her trauma may be downplayed to a simple trust/hurt issue (because I don't know how far they'd be willing to dig into mental health) but they can't completely wave it off. I have trusted the show before so until I actually hear the official stance & Phil Lollar interview, I won't be completely closeminded, but it's still extremely sketch. I feel like I'm living in this weird alternate universe where aio presents themes I would have thought go against everything they stood for before...but :-s 2020 is indeed a strange year. Anway, that was a tangent.

Isn't "let's call the whole thing off" also just a generic thing people say? Maybe I should look into it. :lol: It could be the same thing as album 62's title, "Let's Put on a Show!", where, sure, people have said it, but it's a weird thing to title an album.
ByeByeBrownie wrote:
Monica Stone wrote:Is Whit's End closing down? (Not likely, but I would be fine if that's where they took the story next.)
OMGOODNESS, Monica, this is a BRILLIANT idea! Imagine if Whit actually shut down Whit's End for a while to reevaluate what he's doing with his inventions and so forth. I would just LIVE for that!
Gahh, I'm getting too excited about things that won't likely happen! I kinda just next episode to be Simon Jones confronting Whit and possibly pressing charges for negligence, emotional duress, and whatever else may apply... Wouldn't that be something?
ByeByeBrownie wrote: It's also worth pointing out that Whit has used real-life people-manipulation in other cases, as well (including, but not limited to Between You and Me and Millstones). And I am right there with ya on hoping for the best and expecting the worst.
Ooh, throwback to "Between You and Me." I haven't heard that one in a really long time but I remember disliking Whit in it because he could have dealt with the situation far better. What real-life manipulation are you referring to in "Millstones"? I thought he just used the Room of Consequence.
CarlR wrote:Here is a list of the episode I think will be in the album:
“Unrelatable” (confirmed)
“Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off” (confirmed)
“Jumping Off, Jumping In”
“Search For a Sunflower”or “Hurricane Perkins”
“Auto Response” (if this is not in the Album... :evil:)
“The Christmas Bells” or “The Protector”
I thought I heard something about "Auto Response" coming out on the club this fall, but I'm not completely certain. "The Christmas Bells" will probably be December 2021. So far away!

If I had to guess between those episodes which ones could possibly be on album 70 that are unconfirmed, I am going to say "Search for a Sunflower" and "The Protector". You didn't mention this one, but I have a hunch "A Simple Reminder" will be on album 70.

So my four guesses:
- Jumping Off, Jumping In
- A Simple Reminder
- The Protector
- Search for a Sunflower

I'm likely wrong and some of these episodes are just club episodes, but it's fun to guess.
Last edited by Monica Stone on Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
ByeByeBrownie
Why am I even here?
Posts: 145
Joined: February 2020
Contact:

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Monica Stone wrote:I feel like I'm living in this weird alternate universe where aio presents themes I would have thought go against everything they stood for before...but :-s 2020 is indeed a strange year. Anway, that was a tangent.
OOOF. I feel that in my SOUL.
Monica Stone wrote:Isn't "let's call the whole thing off" also just a generic thing people say? Maybe I should look into it. :lol: It could be the same thing as album 62's title, "Let's Put on a Show!", where, sure, people have said it, but it's a weird thing to title an album.
This is a very viable theory as well.
Monica Stone wrote:
ByeByeBrownie wrote:
Monica Stone wrote:Is Whit's End closing down? (Not likely, but I would be fine if that's where they took the story next.)
OMGOODNESS, Monica, this is a BRILLIANT idea! Imagine if Whit actually shut down Whit's End for a while to reevaluate what he's doing with his inventions and so forth. I would just LIVE for that!
Gahh, I'm getting too excited about things that won't likely happen! I kinda just next episode to be Simon Jones confronting Whit and possibly pressing charges for negligence, emotional duress, and whatever else may apply... Wouldn't that be something?
That would be AMAZING!! \:D/
Monica Stone wrote:
ByeByeBrownie wrote:It's also worth pointing out that Whit has used real-life people-manipulation in other cases, as well (including, but not limited to Between You and Me and Millstones). And I am right there with ya on hoping for the best and expecting the worst.
Ooh, throwback to "Between You and Me." I haven't heard that one in a really long time but I remember disliking Whit in it because he could have dealt with the situation far better. What real-life manipulation are you referring to in "Millstones"? I thought he just used the Room of Consequence.
In Millstones, I'm thinking of how Whit (and Wilson) contacted Pamela and had her talk to Connie. I would argue that that was emotional manipulation (aside from it not really being their business to meddle).
Image
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
User avatar
CarlR
I got this...
Posts: 32
Joined: August 2020
Location: The Rydell Home
Gender:
Contact:

Post by CarlR »

Monica Stone wrote:
ByeByeBrownie wrote: (Please do forgive me if I'm repeating something y'all already know, but) "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" is a Gershwin song that's basically a satire in which two lovers keep pointing out silly differences between each other and sarcastically saying that because they're different, they should just call the whole thing off. Hence, the title leads me to believe that this episode will try to say that the differences between how Emily sees everything that happened and how Whit/Morrie/Suzu see it, are really negligible and silly, and that Emily should just forget everything and forgive everybody. Hence, my alarm at this title selection. And, of course, it's quite likely that I'm completely wrong.
Ooh, that's really informative. I don't think aio would go so far as to completely wave off the trauma Morrie & Suzu caused Emily, but honestly...I don't know what to expect from them anymore. Her trauma may be downplayed to a simple trust/hurt issue (because I don't know how far they'd be willing to dig into mental health) but they can't completely wave it off. I have trusted the show before so until I actually hear the official stance & Phil Lollar interview, I won't be completely closeminded, but it's still extremely sketch. I feel like I'm living in this weird alternate universe where aio presents themes I would have thought go against everything they stood for before...but :-s 2020 is indeed a strange year. Anway, that was a tangent.

Isn't "let's call the whole thing off" also just a generic thing people say? Maybe I should look into it. :lol: It could be the same thing as album 62's title, "Let's Put on a Show!", where, sure, people have said it, but it's a weird thing to title an album.
ByeByeBrownie wrote:
Monica Stone wrote:Is Whit's End closing down? (Not likely, but I would be fine if that's where they took the story next.)
OMGOODNESS, Monica, this is a BRILLIANT idea! Imagine if Whit actually shut down Whit's End for a while to reevaluate what he's doing with his inventions and so forth. I would just LIVE for that!
Gahh, I'm getting too excited about things that won't likely happen! I kinda just next episode to be Simon Jones confronting Whit and possibly pressing charges for negligence, emotional duress, and whatever else may apply... Wouldn't that be something?
ByeByeBrownie wrote: It's also worth pointing out that Whit has used real-life people-manipulation in other cases, as well (including, but not limited to Between You and Me and Millstones). And I am right there with ya on hoping for the best and expecting the worst.
Ooh, throwback to "Between You and Me." I haven't heard that one in a really long time but I remember disliking Whit in it because he could have dealt with the situation far better. What real-life manipulation are you referring to in "Millstones"? I thought he just used the Room of Consequence.
CarlR wrote:Here is a list of the episode I think will be in the album:
“Unrelatable” (confirmed)
“Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off” (confirmed)
“Jumping Off, Jumping In”
“Search For a Sunflower”or “Hurricane Perkins”
“Auto Response” (if this is not in the Album... :evil:)
“The Christmas Bells” or “The Protector”
I thought I heard something about "Auto Response" coming out on the club this fall, but I'm not completely certain. "The Christmas Bells" will probably be December 2021. So far away!

If I had to guess between those episodes which ones could possibly be on album 70 that are unconfirmed, I am going to say "Search for a Sunflower" and "The Protector". You didn't mention this one, but I have a hunch "A Simple Reminder" will be on album 70.

So my four guesses:
- Jumping Off, Jumping In
- A Simple Reminder
- The Protector
- Search for a Sunflower

I'm likely wrong and some of these episodes are just club episodes, but it's fun to guess.
"A Simple Reminder" has been to confirmed to appear in next year's club season. "Auto Response" has been confirmed to release in 2021, with no confirmed album. I really hope they do include the Christmas episode in the album!
Buckles shipper, love Connie and Eugene. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.


Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~~
User avatar
Monica Stone
I guess I'll stick around
Posts: 172
Joined: March 2020
Location: Odyssey

Post by Monica Stone »

I wonder if we'll get a new album description after album 69 airs on the radio. I am very curious about the album, especially since we know so little about it.
User avatar
CarlR
I got this...
Posts: 32
Joined: August 2020
Location: The Rydell Home
Gender:
Contact:

Post by CarlR »

So on the official podcast odyssey confirmed that A Simple Reminder is September’s club episode...What??!!

-- Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:06 pm --
Monica Stone wrote:I wonder if we'll get a new album description after album 69 airs on the radio. I am very curious about the album, especially since we know so little about it.
Could be and I hope so! I’m excited for the album, almost exact same as Album 69!
Buckles shipper, love Connie and Eugene. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.


Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~~
Noodle Productions
I don’t know what I’m doing!
Posts: 10
Joined: July 2020
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow way up high AKA Noodleland
Contact:

Post by Noodle Productions »

Bob wrote:That title is hilarious, given the reaction to the previous episodes.
What reaction and which episodes?
User avatar
CarlR
I got this...
Posts: 32
Joined: August 2020
Location: The Rydell Home
Gender:
Contact:

Post by CarlR »

Through Nathan Hoobler, I can confirm that these episodes will appear in album 70:

"Jumping Off, Jumping In”
“Auto Response”
“The Christmas Bells”
“The Protector”
Buckles shipper, love Connie and Eugene. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.


Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~~
User avatar
Monica Stone
I guess I'll stick around
Posts: 172
Joined: March 2020
Location: Odyssey

Post by Monica Stone »

CarlR wrote:Through Nathan Hoobler, I can confirm that these episodes will appear in album 70:

"Jumping Off, Jumping In”
“Auto Response”
“The Christmas Bells”
“The Protector”
YESS! I'm so hyped! Thanks for the info, Carl! This is so exciting!

I was not anticipating "The Christmas Bells" to be on a mainstream album because when was the last time we got a mainstream Christmas episode? Lol and the album will officially be released in March, so a chunck of people will hear the episode in March. :lol:

Two Perkins family episodes in one album again, like album 68! I love the Perkins so I am excited about that! I have been waiting for "Jumping Off, Jumping In" since it was said to be in album 69 (but obviously that didn't work out).

I'm reminded of "The Toy" when I see the cast for "Auto Response." A big cast of characters, it's Detective Polehaus centric, and it's written by Phil Lollar. Color me intrigued!
Last edited by Monica Stone on Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
AIOrocks101
I don’t know what I’m doing!
Posts: 7
Joined: May 2013

Post by AIOrocks101 »

CarlR wrote:Through Nathan Hoobler, I can confirm that these episodes will appear in album 70:

"Jumping Off, Jumping In”
“Auto Response”
“The Christmas Bells”
“The Protector”
Ok. I have thoughts. First I'm disappointed "Auto Response" isn't a two-parter. I really thought it would be, mainly due to it's large cast of main characters. Anyone else find their pattern of: "Album of single episodes, Album dominated by multi-parters, Album of single episodes", Really odd? And I wish there was a Jules episode about her "Finding a Way", instead of two Perkins episodes. (I like the Perkins, I just don't think they should get 2 episodes in these already tiny albums) I wouldn't expect any references to "California Dreams" in "Auto Response".

Ok, now for what really confuses me: first I'm glad they're actually putting a Christmas show in an album instead of the club, but, Why would they put "The Christmas Bells" in an album that releases in March?!?! I know it will probably release in December on the club, but everyone else is going to be confused at hearing a Christmas show in MARCH. Is it not a real Christmas episode (Meaning they're singing Christmas songs at a different time of year for some reason, if so, I'll be very disappointed) Will they air it on the radio early this December? That would be a nice treat for fans. I'm so confused, I need answers!!! ](*,)
User avatar
CarlR
I got this...
Posts: 32
Joined: August 2020
Location: The Rydell Home
Gender:
Contact:

Post by CarlR »

AIOrocks101 wrote:
CarlR wrote:Through Nathan Hoobler, I can confirm that these episodes will appear in album 70:

"Jumping Off, Jumping In”
“Auto Response”
“The Christmas Bells”
“The Protector”
Ok. I have thoughts. First I'm disappointed "Auto Response" isn't a two-parter. I really thought it would be, mainly due to it's large cast of main characters. Anyone else find their pattern of: "Album of single episodes, Album dominated by multi-parters, Album of single episodes", Really odd? And I wish there was a Jules episode about her "Finding a Way", instead of two Perkins episodes. (I like the Perkins, I just don't think they should get 2 episodes in these already tiny albums) I wouldn't expect any references to "California Dreams" in "Auto Response".

Ok, now for what really confuses me: first I'm glad they're actually putting a Christmas show in an album instead of the club, but, Why would they put "The Christmas Bells" in an album that releases in March?!?! I know it will probably release in December on the club, but everyone else is going to be confused at hearing a Christmas show in MARCH. Is it not a real Christmas episode (Meaning they're singing Christmas songs at a different time of year for some reason, if so, I'll be very disappointed) Will they air it on the radio early this December? That would be a nice treat for fans. I'm so confused, I need answers!!! ](*,)
I do with there was a Jules episode in album 70, it seems like Kathy has been inactive in Odyssey since January. That is kinda weird to have a Christmas episode in March, but oh well! Maybe they will align the episodes so that "The Christmas Bells" releases in the club on Christmas Eve, I just checked the calendar and and Christmas eve this year is on a Thursday, the day when episodes in the spring/winter album release on the club! I agree, we need answers!! "Calling" Oh Nathan! :lol:

-- Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:37 am --
Monica Stone wrote:
CarlR wrote:Through Nathan Hoobler, I can confirm that these episodes will appear in album 70:

"Jumping Off, Jumping In”
“Auto Response”
“The Christmas Bells”
“The Protector”
YESS! I'm so hyped! Thanks for the info, Carl! This is so exciting!

I was not anticipating "The Christmas Bells" to be on a mainstream album because when was the last time we got a mainstream Christmas episode? Lol and the album will officially be released in March, so a chunck of people will hear the episode in March. :lol:

Two Perkins family episodes in one album again, like album 68! I love the Perkins so I am excited about that! I have been waiting for "Jumping Off, Jumping In" since it was said to be in album 69 (but obviously that didn't work out).

I'm reminded of "The Toy" when I see the cast for "Auto Response." A big cast of characters, it's Detective Polehaus centric, and it's written by Phil Lollar. Color me intrigued!
It's weird because all the episodes in this album are either written by Marshal Younger or Phil Lollar, no Kathy Buchanan which we haven't had in a long time. I am exited to see how Phil Lollar writes for Jillian in "Auto Response". I am exited to hear "The Christmas Bells", apparently It's a Christmas musical episode, which we haven't had since when, "Caroling, Caroling"? All in all I think this will be a pretty solid album.
Buckles shipper, love Connie and Eugene. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.


Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~~
User avatar
Monica Stone
I guess I'll stick around
Posts: 172
Joined: March 2020
Location: Odyssey

Post by Monica Stone »

AIOrocks101 wrote: Ok. I have thoughts. First I'm disappointed "Auto Response" isn't a two-parter. I really thought it would be, mainly due to it's large cast of main characters. Anyone else find their pattern of: "Album of single episodes, Album dominated by multi-parters, Album of single episodes", Really odd? And I wish there was a Jules episode about her "Finding a Way", instead of two Perkins episodes. (I like the Perkins, I just don't think they should get 2 episodes in these already tiny albums) I wouldn't expect any references to "California Dreams" in "Auto Response".
I've noticed that pattern as well. It's likely unintentional, but odd nonetheless. As for Jules, I suspect they may have originally (pre-COVID) planned to continue Jules's arc in this album, but after the lockdown and quarantining, they had to write episodes specifically designed for remote recording and had to ditch some of their previous plans. They had to record episodes or else they'd be doomed with the set releases, so they probably had to ditch some of their plans for a moment. Now that they've recorded some episodes in the studio, I don't see this being an issue again.

Also, Jules could possibly have a subplot in one of the already-revealed episodes. I find it a little strange that the album description boasts that it continues the storylines and characters. The only storyline that seems to be continued is the Rydell Saga/Aftermath — and that's merely 1/6 of the episodes!
AIOrocks101 wrote: Ok, now for what really confuses me: first I'm glad they're actually putting a Christmas show in an album instead of the club, but, Why would they put "The Christmas Bells" in an album that releases in March?!?! I know it will probably release in December on the club, but everyone else is going to be confused at hearing a Christmas show in MARCH. Is it not a real Christmas episode (Meaning they're singing Christmas songs at a different time of year for some reason, if so, I'll be very disappointed) Will they air it on the radio early this December? That would be a nice treat for fans. I'm so confused, I need answers!!! ](*,)
The timing is extremely odd. I could totally see them airing the episode in December for fans and then re-air it with the rest of the album in March-April. That would probably be the most ideal thing they could do in this situation. I am confused as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
CarlR wrote: It's weird because all the episodes in this album are either written by Marshal Younger or Phil Lollar, no Kathy Buchanan which we haven't had in a long time. I am exited to see how Phil Lollar writes for Jillian in "Auto Response". I am exited to hear "The Christmas Bells", apparently It's a Christmas musical episode, which we haven't had since when, "Caroling, Caroling"? All in all I think this will be a pretty solid album.
I noticed that Kathy Buchanan hasn't been writing as much, too. A year or so ago, she was writing a majority of the episodes. I noticed most of the writers have episodes they fall back into writing. Marshal Younger mainly writes Perkins family episodes, Phil Lollar/Bob Hoose usually write the Rydell Saga, Kathy Buchanan often writes episodes featuring Buck, Jules, Wooton, Penny, and/or Connie. Phil Lollar and Bob Hoose (and now possibly Abigail Geiger) often tend to write just about anything with any characters and that's their schtick. So, considering the content of the episodes, the writers do not surprise me. I'm just surprised that some of these episodes will actually be in album 70 at all. But I predict this will be a very solid album! All of the episodes look really promising.
Post Reply

Return to “Whit's End”