AIO Club VS Radio

How do you partake of AIO?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

How do you listen to AIO these days?

AIO Club
50%
Radio
14%
CDs/Tapes
36%

Total votes: 14

Bren
Be positive!

AIO Club VS Radio

Post by Bren »

A lot has changed over the years in how we listen to AIO. When I joined The ToO in 2008, there was all kinds of excitement when new episodes would be uploaded to OnePlace.com days prior to the Saturday release and we could listen early. These days, many of us have the club and can listen to albums months in advance. Which has made me wonder if people still pay attention to the radio broadcast. If you listen to new episodes on the club, do you relisten to the radio debut?

Personally, I can't tell you the last time I heard AIO on the radio. I have the club and couldn't ask for much more.
Last edited by Bren on Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

I always listen to episodes on the AIOC initially and for nearly everytime after. I buy some of my favorite albums on CD. However, I find it fun to catch episodes on the radio. I can hear if they cut out anything for the broadcast version which is interesting. Listening on the radio, knowing that the episode is released to everyone is kinda exciting. I heard about half of album 68, all of 67 and some of 65 on the radio. \:D/ I plan to listen to album 69 again as it airs on the radio this fall.
Last edited by Monica Stone on Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

I'm a pretty sporadic AIOC member, I usually cancel my membership after a new album airs and renew it and catch up on the club exclusives when a new album drops. I collected a lot of CDs before the club became a thing and that is still probably my preferred method of listening. There is some weird pride that comes with actually owning the albums haha! I'll still buy an album here and there if I really enjoyed it. Every now and then I'll catch one of the radio, our local station airs them every Sunday afternoon which is really nice.
*Finger guns aggressively*
321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

We grew up mostly listening to tapes and later on CDs and only occasionally heard it on the radio and CDs are still the primary way I listen. I might start using the Club to listen to the episodes I don't have on CD, but I will always love listening to them on CD as I go to sleep.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I grew up listening to tapes, and then eventually listened to new episodes on the radio around the Novacom days, where I waited with eager anticipation for each new episode on Saturday mornings on my local Christian radio station. I kept buying tapes until they stopped making them, and eventually replaced all my cassette albums with CD albums, though I still kept all my tape sets for sentimental reasons. I've been a member of the AIO Club for a while, but I haven't ever listened to new episodes on there. I listen to older episodes sometimes, because it's a really convenient way to do so if I feel like listening to an old favourite at night. For new episodes, I wait until the CD album is out and then listen in my car during my commute to work and back.