Cover VS Cover

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Cover VS Cover

Post by Bren »

Since we have had several different versions of many covers, I thought it would be fun to pick and choose our favorites starting with album one and spend around a week discussing each album.

Let's start with Album 1:
Image VS Image
I like the tape art because it was one of the few I used to have as a kid. It also includes rare art of Jenny Whittaker too. I also think the 2010 redesign is also nice with the artwork of Whit's Flop. Therefore, for album 1 it's a tie for me.

*If someone wants to move to the next numbered album before a week is up, feel free*
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

I honestly really like the art style and art for the original cassette tape and I have no nostalgic attachment. It feels very fitting for the first album, honestly. It gives me pleasant feelings. As for the redesign, it's fine. I like that it depicts an actual episode,"Whit's Flop". Album art (old or new) is hit or miss for me. I think the original wins this time.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

I kinda actually like the newer one better. I just find it more visually pleasing. I do very much appreciate the nostalgia of the original, though.
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

In this case, I like them both. The newer one is more pleasing to the eye as a cover (like Brownie mentioned). But I really like the vintage and simple feel of the first one.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |