A Question for Fellow AIO Fans

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Would you read/enjoy a new AIO analysis blog?

Yes, absolutely!
64%
I would sometimes read it.
36%
Eh, it doesn't interest me.
No votes

Total votes: 11

Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

A Question for Fellow AIO Fans

Post by Monica Stone »

For awhile now, I been thinking about starting an Adventures in Odyssey fan blog. I would focus on episode reviews/analysis, individual character analysis, ocasional book reviews, and writing general opinion pieces. I have wanted to do this, but I have been unsure if the Odyssey fan base has needed this kind of blog. I turn to you, ToOers: Would you read/appreciate another fan blog of this nature?
Last edited by Monica Stone on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

Yes! I would 100% read/appreciate something like this!
*Finger guns aggressively*
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I would read it!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I would eat this sort of content right up! I absolutely love in-depth analysis and reviews of media I enjoy! Please go for this, I can guarantee there are more like me out there who adore this sort of thing. :yes:
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Thanks to those who answered the poll! I'm still thinking about doing this. I have spare time on my hands and I love looking in-depth at Odyssey. I have several topics in mind that I am eager to write and share with all my fellow aio fans.

Maybe the biggest thing that holds me back is how many Odyssey podcasts & websites there already are. There is a whole list of active podcasts, websites, and blogs on AIOWiki that is rather extensive. But at the same time, many of the fan websites are structured very differently than how I would plan to do things. It's a lot to consider. I have a feeling if I start a blog, it will be before 2020 ends. I'm not going to put off making a decision for forever. Again, we shall see. I am leaning towards starting a blog, but if you can't tell from this entire post, I am rather undecided about everything.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Sorry for not responding to this sooner! I would LOVE to see another AIO blog in action! I know you would have lots of quality content to share, and I'm interested to see how you would structure it. :D
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

ByeByeBrownie wrote:Sorry for not responding to this sooner! I would LOVE to see another AIO blog in action! I know you would have lots of quality content to share, and I'm interested to see how you would structure it. :D
Thanks for the encouragement! <3 I'm currently thinking of topic ideas to cover & how often I would post should I start a blog. I consider myself an Odyssey optimist and I generally like to shine light on underappreciated characters and episodes and show why certain show elements work well. But of course, there are times for negative criticism if it isn't just bashing. I have a lot of ideas, so many that I may as well just take the plunge and start the blog already. I wonder if I'm overthinking it. :-k Anyway, this has been a tangent. :lol:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You clearly have a lot of ideas and passion, and it would be great to get to read more about that! I appreciate your in-depth thoughts, Monica.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Just do it as you feel inspired. And keep it fun for yourself. :) There is always room for more AIO fan blogs, don’t worry about there being a lot already, your insight/opinion is your own. As others have said, I’m sure a lot of fans would enjoy reading it.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Not gonna lie, I signed up for Wordpress and chose a URL. I'm pretty sure I'm doing this. But I am struggling with Wordpress. I would describe myself as a grandma when it comes to understanding the internet. At least, it takes me awhile to get the hang of websites, like AIOWiki (which took me awhile to adjust to and edit) and now Wordpress. I'm about to google to get answers to my questions about Wordpress. But yeah. \:D/ We'll see how this goes.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've never used Wordpress so I can't offer any real help, but I do want to offer some encouragement! I love how you're moving forward with your plan and learning new things along the way. I think it will be a good experience whether you do it for a short time or a long time!
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Catspaw wrote:I've never used Wordpress so I can't offer any real help, but I do want to offer some encouragement! I love how you're moving forward with your plan and learning new things along the way. I think it will be a good experience whether you do it for a short time or a long time!
Aw, thank you, I appreciate it! It's always helpful to generally learn new things, and I am constantly learning new things about Wordpress. I just overcame my biggest struggle with my site and I'm so relieved.
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

If you need any help just ask. I can try to help... I've tinkered around with WordPress before :D
Riley Davison
Lurker

Post by Riley Davison »

I would defiantly read it! I've made a Odyssey blog on wordpress myself, so if you need any help, I'm here :D
CarlR
Not as new

Post by CarlR »

Riley Davison wrote:I would defiantly read it! I've made a Odyssey blog on wordpress myself, so if you need any help, I'm here :D
Yeah, I would absolutely love to read something like that!
Buckles shipper, love Connie and Eugene. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~~