Unanswered Questions

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
raspberryripple
I'm fifteen, mom!

Unanswered Questions

Post by raspberryripple »

I feel like some adventures and the progressions that follow have left me with loose ends I can’t tie up or random questions I can’t answer. So I thought maybe we could all discuss points in AIO that have left us scratching our heads. :headscratch: Here are (some of) mine!

*In the 3-part episode “The Cure” (Club Season One), Logan Scott’s mother has apparently left due to her drug addiction, but when Wooton and Jeff Lewis (unknowingly) find her she is doing fine, working as a nurse in a nearby village, not seemingly struggling with drug addiction at all. Furthermore the episode never addresses whether or not she’s dealt with her addiction. Louis Scott (the father) dies and Logan reunites with his mother, and nothing more is said about it. If she’s still dealing with it, why isn’t it mentioned? And if she’s past it.... why didn’t she return home to her husband and son?

*In “The Malted Milkball Falcon” (Cause and Effect) after Emily Jones interrogates her brother Barrett, he makes a comment about “sugarcoating” something (which Matthew repeats) and she snaps her fingers and claims, “that’s it!”—indicating that she’d just realized who the culprit was. HOWEVER... when they’re all back at Whit’s End and Emily is making her case against Nelson Swanson, she claims she’d been thinking about how his coat looked when they first came in (“all comfortable and smooth and had all these neat pockets”) and she goes on to say, “and here we are, hours later, and it looks bumpy.” My question is: How did she have that “AHA!” moment about Nelson’s coat before she’d ever seen it looking “bumpy”?

*This one might just be that I couldn’t find it myself, but was there ever an episode that explained WHY ON GOD’S POSSIBLY FLAT EARTH MARVIN USED TO EXCLAIM “OINK!” WHEN HE WAS OVER-EXCITED??

*In The Ties That Bind (Part Six) Whit suggests that Olivia Parker try an adventure in the Room of Consequences to help her understand the point he was trying to make about God’s design for the family being so important. He says that it’s the most difficult program he’s ever worked on and that it will be unlike any program she’s ever experienced before. Olivia herself talks with Matthew (in a later Part) about how strongly it affected her. Why did they give us exactly zero information about what actually went on in there? I was so looking forward to hearing about her ROC experience and expected that, with all many Parts, it would definitely come up at SOME point... but it never did...??

*Why have we heard LITERALLY NOTHING from Eugene’s actual blood-related FATHER & BROTHER?? This absolutely baffles me... So much airtime spent on Eugene’s epic search for anyone that might be related to him, and the moment he finds an actual parent and full sibling... they disappear!! I feel like that is so out of character! I would think Eugene would be determined to maintain contact with the family he spent several episodes trying to find especially now that he’s stepped into a fatherly role himself with Buck Oliver! The complete lack of mention of these SUPER-CLOSE familial relations to a character that was so obsessed with finding his family is AIO’s largest plot hole in my opinion.

Anyways... sorry for the long post, and I really hope other people have questions/rants they want to discuss or I’m gonna feel awfully lonely over here in all my confusion.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

raspberryripple wrote: *Why have we heard LITERALLY NOTHING from Eugene’s actual blood-related FATHER & BROTHER?? This absolutely baffles me... So much airtime spent on Eugene’s epic search for anyone that might be related to him, and the moment he finds an actual parent and full sibling... they disappear!! I feel like that is so out of character! I would think Eugene would be determined to maintain contact with the family he spent several episodes trying to find especially now that he’s stepped into a fatherly role himself with Buck Oliver! The complete lack of mention of these SUPER-CLOSE familial relations to a character that was so obsessed with finding his family is AIO’s largest plot hole in my opinion.
I can only assume that Shane, who played Everett had a vocal change. The last we heard of him was in 2009 for Darien's Rise. As for Phil Procter, he's still doing Detective Polehouse so maybe they don't want to mix the 2. Could also be they just don't have story ideas right now.
ImageImageImage
logos linked