Adventures in Odyssey Marathon

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Adventures in Odyssey Marathon

Post by Parakeet »

I don't know if there is already a topic about this.. but I was wondering how many of you have had an Odyssey marathon. If so, how did you go about it? I am taking advantage of the free aioclub trial and listening to them in order (mostly). Probably not going to finish.. but oh well.
Also, wow I haven't been on here in forever. Hi guys!
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'm not sure I've ever done an intentional marathon on my own. I would just end up playing an episode and then playing another and another and another. =p Typically during the times I'm doing crafty things and want something to listen to while I work.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I think I kind of did a marathon waaaaaay back when they had that AIO 24/7 online radio thing. If I didn't catch an episode the first time through, I'm sure I caught it when it came through again, since we pretty much listened to it constantly. I miss that station. :(

I also have the club trial, but I doubt I have time to marathon the entirety of AIO, so I'm opting to marathon Novacom instead.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've never done a full marathon. I've always thought it sounds like a great idea, but have never actually done it. Maybe one day! Kudos to you for trying, Parakeet! Enjoy. :D
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Partial marathons are fun too. Update: I'm on Album 11 \:D/
Also, are the albums not in chronological order? If I hadn't already listened to everything I think I'd be confused.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

Petrichor wrote:I think I kind of did a marathon waaaaaay back when they had that AIO 24/7 online radio thing. If I didn't catch an episode the first time through, I'm sure I caught it when it came through again, since we pretty much listened to it constantly. I miss that station. :(

I also have the club trial, but I doubt I have time to marathon the entirety of AIO, so I'm opting to marathon Novacom instead.
That's my favorite saga!! NOVACOM

I just wonder what the "Chairman" meant by what he said on the last episode?
"It’s over...for now"
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Parakeet wrote:Thanks for the feedback everyone! Partial marathons are fun too. Update: I'm on Album 11 \:D/
Also, are the albums not in chronological order? If I hadn't already listened to everything I think I'd be confused.
There was a glitch in the ordering at one point. Click here to link to the AIO Wiki page for album 12 that briefly addresses this under "Album Difference." When I started listening as a kid I had an odd assortment of albums and didn't have them in order, so I never noticed the issue at the time. My first album was album 10, so I was missing some pretty important background to "Waylaid in the Windy City." ;) When they released the Gold Audio CD sets, I kept my old tape sets and displayed them next to the corresponding CD sets, which became an issue because things didn't quite match up!
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

A2Z: I always wonder the same thing.. they probably did that to keep people guessing and to have an opportunity to reference it again and bring some characters back, which they never did (sadly).

Catspaw: Thanks! I just finished At Home and Abroad yesterday.

-- April 26th, 2020, 12:03 pm --

Update in case anyone is interested: I'm listening to For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll, Album 29. Almost halfway there \:D/
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.