Change.org Petition to Get Connie Married

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Change.org Petition to Get Connie Married

Post by Peachey Keen »

Someone is really trying to get Focus on the Family to get Connie hitched. For those that want to have that happen, sign away. The goal is 1,000 and it's at 758 right now.

Yes, I signed it.

https://www.change.org/p/focus-on-the-f ... ll-married
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, too funny. Ever since Mitch left :sniff: I haven't been too invested in whether Connie gets married or not. I can see both sides.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

I'm busy with my "Geno in Smash" petition to sign this. Sorry.
Resident JRPG nut
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Oh my goodness. I had no clue that this was a thing! Really? :-s There's a Change.org petition to get Connie married? Wow.

While I don't mind exploring Connie's romantic life, I don't see the problem with her staying independent. She doesn't need a man to make her complete. Connie is her own person... why are always trying to push people forward on the "expected path of life" and focus on relationship status? :noway: Connie is fine the way she is. If she wants to get married, then fine. But let's not force it.

:soapbox:

#Eugenepaw

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Wow, the person that started the petition worked very hard to convince people. However, I will not vote, as I don't have much of an opinion. Plus I don't feel like giving my email to even more websites. That was an impressive argument, didn't quite convince me though.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Eugene wrote:Oh my goodness. I had no clue that this was a thing! Really? :-s There's a Change.org petition to get Connie married? Wow.

While I don't mind exploring Connie's romantic life, I don't see the problem with her staying independent. She doesn't need a man to make her complete. Connie is her own person... why are always trying to push people forward on the "expected path of life" and focus on relationship status? :noway: Connie is fine the way she is. If she wants to get married, then fine. But let's not force it.

:soapbox:

#Eugenepaw
THIS. YES. PREACH.
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

*revives topic*

So, yes, I signed this the second I learned of its existence. It's not that Connie cannot be happy and feel complete without a man. I don't think that's what anyone is saying at all. It's that she is purposefully held back in a multitude of ways to appease the younger audience. To keep her "relatable." I'm serious, tell me what child relates to a twenty-something college student, juggling multiple jobs and raising her half-sister?! Give me one child and I will humor that argument. Connie doesn't need to get married right away or even within a few albums. We have too many arcs currently for me to even want that right now. However, there are *so* many holes in the arguments presented by the producers, but it would take me a whole article to refute them. The option of marriage should not be completely off the table for her. And that's kinda what this petition is saying and that's what *I* am saying.
Last edited by Monica Stone on Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

It now has exactly 1,000 signatures. Your move, AIO team.
Wod Fam Choc Sod
Not as new

Post by Wod Fam Choc Sod »

Signed it. Connie has to marry Jason.
Read Odyssey's latest epic: The Checkmate Saga!!!
https://juliettederouledewrites.blogspo ... kmate.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie: (whispering) Oh, she looks beautiful, doesn't she?
Jason: (also whispering) Beautiful.
Connie: (tearfully) Everyone looks beautiful!
Jason: Yes, Connie, they're all beautiful.
Connie: Your dad. Oh... he looks great in that tuxedo. He's... oh... he's...
Jason: Beautiful.
Connie: (still fighting tears) Yeah. And Katrina in that dress...
Jason: She got her stitches out just in time.
Connie: (quavering) I think I'm gonna cry.
Jason: Here's my hankie.
Connie: *sniffs* Thank you.
Jason: I knew all along, by the way.
Connie: Well, good for you. Can I cry now, or are you gonna keep talking?
Jason: Have a good cry.
Connie: (sobbing) Thank you. *dramatic sobs* *blows nose*