Post the last AIO episode you listened to!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I listened to Blackgaard's Revenge, Parts 1 and 2. I completely forgot that Mabel was a program created by Whit and that's why the bot on the chat is called Mabel. I would argue though that chat Mabel is not as good as Whit's Mabel. :noway:
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Last listened to Tuesdays with Wooton, A Most Intriguing Question, A Most Surprising Answer, and A Most Extraordinary Conclusion. Teared up a bit when Eugene started remembering :mecry:
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Those are all so good Kaida!
I'm listening to Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. Don't remember these at all. (I've listened to over 500 episodes in my marathon so far)
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

I just listened to The Other Woman today. SUCH an underrated episode in my opinion! I feel it puts forth one of the most eloquent and important statements ever made in Odyssey. The exchange between Whit and Eugene at the end of the episode makes a powerful point, and one we should absolutely take to heart. I've pulled a few of my favorite quotes below:
I think there are a lot of Christians who have a hard time dealing with things like unanswered prayer. We want God to heal in our timetable, and problems like mental illness make it even messier for us. We like happy endings. We want these people to get better and get on with their lives like good Christians.
Christians who can't cope are like poor advertising. They're embarrassing to us. It raises questions we find hard to answer, like, 'Where is God when we become mentally ill? Where is faith?'
The various forms of mental illness are very complex and not easily fixed. And like any illness, God sometimes heals it immediately, and sometimes he takes his time. Sometimes, he won't heal at all. His reasons are his own.
"Where does that leave us?" Eugene asks.

Whit answers:
It leaves us where we've always been: stuck with the frailty of our humanness, dependent on the power of God's will and obliged to keep praying hard for people like Mrs. Riley and the Tom Rileys of the world who help them.
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

That's deep... it's crazy how something meant to entertain kids can teach us so much and bring up topics that need to be discussed.

I'm listening to The Highest Stakes. Yay, Grady became a Christian!
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I just listened to "Always Home." A little scattered, but overall it was a good episode. Thanks for mentioning it, Monica!
I thought this was a much more meaningful reflection over Tom's passing than the "Legacy" episodes. That being said, I would still like to hear Eugene and Connie talk about Tom, since Katie Leigh and Will Ryan worked with Walker Edmiston for so long. I'm kind of hoping they will continue to reference him in the future--at least a few more times.

I also really liked the way they incorporated the musical motif from Jenny's death in "Recollections." It's a subtle way of reminding the audience how Whit has lost a lot of loved ones over the years. Made me tear up a little bit to hear it again.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

It's a Pokenberry Christmas because it's always Christmas in my heart <3

So many things in this episode don't make sense, but I'm willing to overlook them because I know it's a parody.
Brownie has a knack
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

I heard Young Whit and the Revolutionary Secret recently. It was pretty good. It was their April monthly episode on the club.
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

A Penny Saved, which I have heard many many times. Album 54 of my marathon!
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

A Lesson from Mike--the OG Dear Evan Hanson. On to Malachi's Message!
Brownie has a knack
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

"A Lesson from Mike" is such a good, poignant episode.

I just listened to "The Coolest Dog," which is another great episode but for different reasons. \:D/ Lots of iconic quotes to choose from, plus (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it has the beginning of Wooton's "Camptown Races"-on-various-instruments saga.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

I last listened to "Share & Share Alike". It's not a masterpiece, but it's a fun one!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Monica Stone wrote:I last listened to "Share & Share Alike". It's not a masterpiece, but it's a fun one!
HOW MANY SPAGHETTI STRAINERS DO YOU HAVE? :x

#snubsformayor
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Life Expectancy I-III
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I just listened to both parts of "The Chosen One." It's kind of neat to hear Eugene's thoughts on foster care/adoption well before they ever thought of writing Buck into the show.
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Where your treasure is. Time to start another free trial... :-$
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

I just re-listened to "Three in One".
I completely forgot about the Spongebob parody. :-s
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Monica Stone wrote:I just re-listened to "Three in One".
I completely forgot about the Spongebob parody. :-s
Ikr, I listened to it a couple weeks ago, I was like woooow real subtle there Focus on the Family

Currently listening to Beyond Repair.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Currently listening to "Relatively Annoying." I don't think I appreciated how simultaneously hilarious and poignant this episode was when I first listened to it years ago.
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Petrichor wrote:Currently listening to "Relatively Annoying." I don't think I appreciated how simultaneously hilarious and poignant this episode was when I first listened to it years ago.
That one is sad and happy at the same time.
Further from the Truth! Last episode in my marathon :mad: And it's a cliffhanger #-o
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.