AIO Music on Piano

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

It's done! Now I just need to learn it. Here's a play through that a sheet music site made, just to tide you over. I'm now working on editing it and learning how to play it (unfortunately it's kind tricky!). Lol, but I'm really glad its done, and the score is really cool.... I need to go through again and line dialogue up with the music too... to remind myself whats going on where. Can you name some spots where you know what's going on? Let me know!
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

That's amazing!! That episode has such an iconic soundtrack. I love this.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

This. is. FABULOUS! Love it!!
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

OH MEH GOODNESS. It's BEAUTIFUL! :inlove: I can't wait to hear you playing it!
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

You have so much skill and patience to do this! It looks so good!

(Do you think you'll be able to share the sheet music at any point? I had so much fun playing the last one you transcribed. \:D/ Also, Scientific Guy, if you're reading this, I second the request for the music to "A Forgiving Heart." :- )
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

You should totally post this on The Soda Shop.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

This is so good!!! Love it! \:D/
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Love it! Some parts kind of sound like it is from Rodeo by Aaron Copland.

ImageImageImageImage
Scientific Guy
Tallying up

Post by Scientific Guy »

Awesome job at transcribing and arranging, Isaiah! I loved it, and I could certainly pick out parts from the episode as I listened along. You certainly spent a lot of time on it!
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here again. I really don't want to take attention away from you; you're doing great stuff.
Here's the PDF for "A Forgiving Heart." It's on Dropbox, so this link might eventually get removed: A Forgiving Heart.pdf
I transcribed another piece a little while ago, after "Always Home" came out. Take a listen if you want!
Recollections.mp4

Post by Pianoman »

Ahhhhh scientific guy, that gave me so many feels. :cry: That song is so iconic, such a great transcription choice! And that ending with the final "arpeggio" is so... tense and beautiful.... You put so much work into transcribing it, thank you so much for sharing! =D> Obviously hand over the PDF bro. :noway: Not that I have any right to give you advice (I am a piano major in college but that doesn’t mean much :wacky:) , BUT I did think the last chord in m 25 felt a bit off. I’m thinking the top note is even higher, but I also haven’t listened to this in a while so I could be wrong! And also, I would find the 8va awkward in the left hand, but if it works for you thats fine. Everything else is perfect, even changing tempo for the rits.. you’re so dedicated.

You are totally free to use this thread for all AIO piano music! It’ll be easier for other members if its all in one place anyway. =) Thanks for joining in the transcription party. \:D/ I’d love to hear you play these, Musescore can be so flat compared to a real pianist.

Also I’m practicing up and so enjoying playing Independence Day. :lol: Video is coming soon!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, we have some serious and knowledgeable musicians around here! That's amazing!
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

It's done!!! I've put a lot of fun time into practicing this and trying to make it as beautiful as I can. =) I really enjoyed this, and hope you do too!

(ALSO question: do you know the episode well enough to know where the commercial breaks are just from the soundtrack? I know where one is, but I honestly am not sure about the first one. Maybe it's after the opening theme? I better re-listen)
I don't feel super comfortable sharing the sheet music because it's not my music (or even Focus'), but I guess I might as well for the fans here, after I put in all that work. =)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xdaAmm ... sp=sharing
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

How fitting to release this on the 3rd of July. Great job!
ImageImageImage
logos linked
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

YASSS, it is sooooo GOOD!!!! :thud: I loved every minute of it! You did such a good job on this, Ox!
Hearing your AIO music put to piano always makes me want to cry, I love it so much. :')
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

This is simply DELIGHTFUL! :D
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That was amazing, Isaiah! \:D/ You did a wonderful job. I really enjoyed listening, and will definitely watch again just to enjoy the music. :D
Scientific Guy
Tallying up

Post by Scientific Guy »

Revelations Intro Music.mp3
(131.85 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
So I made another thing based off a certain intro music that was released today.