AIO Music on Piano

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

AIO Music on Piano

Post by Pianoman »

The Adventures in Odyssey theme is a very important, fun, and memorial piece of music from Odyssey, written by John Campbell. I have recently begun to transcribe songs from CD onto sheet music, and thought that the AIO theme would be a great song to write sheet music for. After much listening and working it out on my piano, I wrote sheet music for the original version of the Adventures in Odyssey theme (used from 1988-91). That first transcription was for a small orchestra (the instruments from the song). After writing that, I arranged the music for piano, because that is what I play. The song is very complicated, and it almost needed more than just 10 fingers to play it. Because of this, I arranged the song for both solo piano and four-hands-one-piano. After many weeks (months) of putting it off, I have finally recorded myself playing the four-hands arrangement!

With that looooong (*hides*) introduction, here's the video! Both parts are played by me, and I apologize for the bad quality and bad split-screen. Yes...there are 5 extra keys on the piano in the video, because that was the best way to split the screen and view both hands. This was put together rather quickly, so it's not the best, but I'm glad I finally have it recorded. :P Enjoy!
*All rights and ownership belong to Focus on the Family and John Campbell. I own nothing.*

I do have the sheet music, but since I don't have ownership or the rights to this song, I will only share the music privately for private use. Send me a PM if you are interested in the music, and I can send you either a PDF or a file for sheet music programs.
Last edited by Pianoman on Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

I enjoyed that. I didn't know you could play the piano. That is too cool for school. Is piano the only thing you can play? Are you going to do any other version of the aio theme song?
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Thank you. \:D/ Yes, I've been playing for around 10 years now. ^_^ I can only play piano, but I think I'm not half bad at it. ;) I may try to do one of the newer versions of the theme, but they are much more complicated...I could probably do a simplified version pretty quickly, but that's too easy. :P
Last edited by Pianoman on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

REACH FOR THE STARS, OX. I'd like to see you do more.
#ForeverKitty
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

=O THIS IS AMAZING. I luvs it! <3 =D I think I my eyes were all sparkly and I was smiling the whole time watching that. :inlove: You're so talented! I must share this in the AIO facebook group, the members would love this! \:D/

You do AIO proud. 8-)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Thanks Kaida, I'll do my best. ;) Speaking of, which other version of the AIO theme do you like? (I think there's a list here)

Thank you snubs! :mrgreen: I'm glad you liked it. Please feel free to share it. \:D/
Last edited by Pianoman on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

That was lovely, thanks so much, Ox, for all that work. A solid interpretation and beautifully played.

Say, how come you haven't posted this on the SS? I'm sure they'd love it there. :) (You'll note that me and Kaida are Soda Shoppers, Snubs is the only non Shopper so far. :P
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

To add to my previous comment..

I've been waiting for someone to do this for FOREVERRR. So this has seriously been the highlight of my week. \:D/ Also, your cool points just went through the roof, Ox. =D
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Thank you very much PF! I'll probably post it to the SS at some point as well, but I thought the ToO might as well get it first. :-$ :mrgreen:

And I KNOW, snubs. I've been searching for years and was upset I never found anything... which is why I decided to take matters into my own hands! ;)
Last edited by Pianoman on Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:I'll probably post it to the SS at some point as well, but I thought the ToO might as well get it first. :-$ :mrgreen:
YAY, we're special! \:D/
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Speaking of, which other version of the AIO theme do you like?
I would really like to hear the 1988 and 1998-2003 themes..oh, and the 2008 theme sounds fun too, \:D/ but I can hear where they would be complicated. o.o and it only gets more complicated as the theme updates. :boohoo:
Countess

Post by Countess »

snubs wrote:and I was smiling the whole time watching that.
All his videos have the same effect on me. It's CONSPIRACY. :x *narrows eyes*
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Hmmm, I'll listen to them snubs... but thanks for saying you would love to listen to every AIO theme that exists. :lol: I wonder if there is one episode in which the theme can be heard more.... rather than having the voice tracks over top...

Thank you Countess. For some reason your sarcastic compliments are more flattering than most. :P
Last edited by Pianoman on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Nice job OxR :wacky: Quite enjoyable to say the least =)
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

snubs wrote:
Isaiah the Ox wrote:I'll probably post it to the SS at some point as well, but I thought the ToO might as well get it first. :-$ :mrgreen:
YAY, we're special! \:D/
Whoooo. I'm starting to post over here more.. It's more comfortable for me now.. even though I still only know like 4 people on here. =p
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Speaking of, which other version of the AIO theme do you like?
I want to hear 1992 - 1998 (which they say is based of the videos) and 1998-2003. It does sound pretty complicated, but it's so beautiful!
#ForeverKitty
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:thanks for saying you would love to listen to every AIO theme that exists. :lol:
:anxious: *hides* THEY ARE ALL SO GOOD THOUGH.

In other news... JOHN CAMPBELL COMMENTED ON YOUR VIDEO. =O (I shared it in the AIO facebook group a little bit ago). =D

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

For those that can't see the image:
John Campbell wrote:Well that just made my day:) Thanks for sharing this!
Countess

Post by Countess »

0_____0 WOW.

Congrats Oxy. =D> (I'll even give you some exclamation)>> !!!!!

*is suddenly very proud that she got to see this famous video-that-went-viral before anyone else* :mrgreen:
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

I just keep being blown away how many amazing people follow your stuff, Snubs! That is soooo cool. Though it amuses me how the comments are always on Facebook, which is secondary to your Instagram. I guess most Odyssey people find instagram too new and weird of a wonderland? Anyway, it's just so crazy seeing, "John Campbell likes this." There's such a gap between the fandom and the official people outside of the fan interviews. They never comment on fandom stuff and with you it's finally happening!
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Thank you Paula. :D

Okay, I'll see what I can do Kaida. ;)

haha, very true.

*reads post*

That is sooooo cool! Thanks for sharing the video and for sharing that snubs! That's so cool that the Great Composer John Campbell would say that. \:D/

Haha @Countess I see what you did there. ;)

I agree PF! O_O I even saw Katie Leigh liked my video. :D snubs is doing a great job at getting the fandom out there. :mrgreen:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Pound Foolish wrote:I just keep being blown away how many amazing people follow your stuff, Snubs! That is soooo cool. Though it amuses me how the comments are always on Facebook, which is secondary to your Instagram. I guess most Odyssey people find instagram too new and weird of a wonderland? Anywayk, it's just so crazy seeing, "John Campbell likes this." There's such a gap between the fandom and the official people outside of the fan interviews, they never comment on fandom stuff and with you it's finally happening!
Haha, thanks? \:D/ Though, that wasn't actually on my page but in an AIO group (there are quite a few famous AIO people in there \:D/ ). But yes, 'tis true. ;) Facebook is usually what everyone has/uses. HOWEVER, Chris Anthony follows my Instagram page, and has liked and commented on several posts. \:D/ Also, Katie Leigh, Dave Arnold, the FotF insta page and the Tyndale insta page follow me. \:D/

Katie Leigh follows the facebook page as well, and has liked and shared quite a few posts. So that's pretty cool. I've gotten a good handful of followers from her sharing. \:D/

@Isaiah the Ox: I know, right! And no problem! I was so excited about it, I couldn't help but share it. =D
Isaiah the Ox wrote:I agree PF! O_O I even saw Katie Leigh liked my video. :D
She actually shared your video too. =]

Here are the current comments (from the AIO group): PHIL LOLLAR EVEN COMMENTED. \:D/

Also, I posted a video snippet on instagram telling people to go watch it, and Chris Anthony liked the post. \:D/
You can check out the Instagram comments here, if you haven't already.

dancing smiley count: 8 \:D/
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Whoooooaa. Ox, don't forget us when you're up there with all the famous peoples!
#ForeverKitty