Will You Be Joining The OAC?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will You Be Signing Up For Odyssey Adventure Club?

Absolutely!
11%
Most Likely
5%
Probably Not
32%
Flat-Out Refuse
52%

Total votes: 44

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

jennifertwt wrote:Plus, you still don´t own them.
That's actually one of my questions Brock never answered; are episodes downloadable from the club? If exclusive episodes are, the club would be marginally more tolerable.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Jonathan wrote:
That's actually one of my questions Brock never answered; are episodes downloadable from the club? If exclusive episodes are, the club would be marginally more tolerable.
Yeah, if one were able to download the content the club would be a bit more worth the money. If not, I think it is a waste and rip off.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I have a feeling they probably won't let you download them, since people would doubtless share them with others.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Jonathan wrote:
Those participating in the club, of course, would be receiving the set free of charge.
That's slightly dishonest. No such thing as a free lunch, and all that. Plus you have to pay for at least one month to get it.

And Jimmy, where are you writing where you actually get a response? Brock has taken to ignoring me, and I still have a few questions I'd like answered.
don't take it personally, he's busy and usually doesn't reply to things, it's kind of like winning the lottery to get a response.

-- 17 Dec 2013 11:46 pm --
Jonathan wrote:
on iOS you can save up to 5 episodes for offline use, that's all that's been confirmed
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I genuinely hate to admit it, but after reading jennifertwt's comment on the other thread about giving up AIO for a year, I think she's absolutely right. I've decided that for the first time in 15 years, I'm going to give up all things Odyssey for awhile. I wouldn't call it a total strike, as I will catch up as best as I can come next December after album 58 has aired. However, with each new podcast being about exclusive episodes with exclusive interviews, and no new episodes for us non-wealthy fans with little to no new news for us, there's really nothing for me to keep up with. I will have little to say on these message boards, as I will not be in 'the-know'. I've already found myself checking these sites less and less.

I think that come January, I'm going to go on a hiatus. I can't believe I'm saying it. I've never fathomed a day where I grow past daily checking for updates in the AIO world, but it seems the time has come. A sad day of realization.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

because the stories involving Harley were later re-worked for other Odyssey episodes.
See, I don't get the controversy over the Harley episodes precisely for this reason. What is the appeal of the Harley character? All of his episodes were rewritten into later episodes; to release the specific Harley episodes would be pretty redundant. Their line of thinking might be that most people wouldn't want to buy an album full of episodes that they essentially already have, or can get with episodes that are of much better quality--it wouldn't sell that well, and Focus does have economics to take into consideration. The Harley episodes were pulled from circulation for a reason, and while that doesn't automatically make them bad, it does indicate that there are good reasons why they haven't been released. The club has a myriad of problems, but being the only place to find the Harley episodes isn't one of them.
Last edited by TigerintheShadows on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

That is a matter of opinion. A way to address is this is to release them on iTunes and CBD for those in the US for those of us that would like to COMPLETE our collections. The Harley episodes have their own appeal and releasing them digitally would reduce production costs and of course purchasing them is voluntary. Anyone who is fan enough to have been around a while or owns a guide will know the story behind them. Alternatively, AIO could release a second addition of Lost Episodes. That I would also happily purchase in hard copy. I was SO happy when they released Family Portraits and fail to understand why the same thing cannot happen again. My swedish husband was asking me how many "Harley Files" there are. I really don´t know. But I would think there are enough "dusty" eps to fill a Lost Episode album.

I think Dallas´idea of a hiatus is a good one. Maybe "hiatus" is a softer word for it than all out strike. After all, the show took a break from us twice, we can take a break from it. My husband could not understand, he thought I meant give up Odyssey all together. I said no, I would still listen to ALL my audio files uploaded to the computer, just in my own way. For me, Odyssey is like my bible. Sometimes there is something specific I want/need to hear, sometimes I just pick an ep at random, and sometimes I go in order. If we start with Family Portraits (again) in January, it will take us at least 2+ years to get through all of them with just one a day. It could be our dinner entertainment. :-)

I probably won´t pull out of this group, but I will probably not check it often and just "lurk".

-- 18 Dec 2013 07:42 pm --

I will however "unlike" the AIO facebook page as I want them to see their numbers go down. I have already "unliked" Brock´s page.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Maybe we should start a petition or something?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Well, our views have been made well known to Odyssey execs and we have even offfered alternatives that would make us happy. They are choosing not to listen and have been very slow in responding. A friend in the third world contacted Nathan Hoobler but I told him I doubted he had any power in this situation. I do not believe he has received a response. I got the usual "here´s all the great things you get in the club" email that others have gotten and they did not answer my questions concerning overseas billing......such as can I pay from my swedish bank account since I do not want the Club to drain my US acct, etc.

-- 18 Dec 2013 08:33 pm --
Jonathan wrote:
I think you can only "save" 5 at at time on your mobile device, not even a whole albums worth. But my tech savvy husband tells me there are "ways" to rip them off your device.........but I wouldn´t know that. By not allowing eps to be purchased or saved permanent, sooner or later someone will pirate. It is not a good thing and they are setting themselves up for it.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

People will inevitably pirate episodes, and that may or may not make a difference :p

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Just decided to pop my head in to see if anything changed. Evidently, it seems to be getting worse. Carry on.
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote:New Email I got yesterday
Thanks, James, for replying to our message and for your ongoing interest in our Odyssey Adventure Club.

In response to your question, you might be interested to know that we plan to release the episodes featuring Officer Harley only through our club. As a bit of background, this decision was made in part because the stories involving Harley were later re-worked for other Odyssey episodes. We didn’t want listeners, then, to purchase an Officer Harley set only to be disappointed that the plotlines too closely resemble other stories. Those participating in the club, of course, would be receiving the set free of charge.

That being said, it’s certainly possible the Officer Harley episodes could someday be available for purchase were there sufficient demand. For that reason, feedback like yours is critical, and you may be assured that your inquiry will be given the attention it deserves.

Again, thanks for contacting us, and we hope you’ll keep listening to Odyssey. Blessings!

Jeremy Hill
Focus on the Family
This was my response from the AIO Facebook page:

Jennifer ~ at some point in the future we may make the Officer Harley episodes available for purchase or through our new Odyssey Adventure Club. These program will not be available for purchase or through the club at this time. We hope you will continue to enjoy our programming for many more years!

Something is amiss here................
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Jonathan , [email protected]. I reply when I get a response.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jennifertwt wrote:
Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote:New Email I got yesterday
Thanks, James, for replying to our message and for your ongoing interest in our Odyssey Adventure Club.

In response to your question, you might be interested to know that we plan to release the episodes featuring Officer Harley only through our club. As a bit of background, this decision was made in part because the stories involving Harley were later re-worked for other Odyssey episodes. We didn’t want listeners, then, to purchase an Officer Harley set only to be disappointed that the plotlines too closely resemble other stories. Those participating in the club, of course, would be receiving the set free of charge.

That being said, it’s certainly possible the Officer Harley episodes could someday be available for purchase were there sufficient demand. For that reason, feedback like yours is critical, and you may be assured that your inquiry will be given the attention it deserves.

Again, thanks for contacting us, and we hope you’ll keep listening to Odyssey. Blessings!

Jeremy Hill
Focus on the Family
This was my response from the AIO Facebook page:

Jennifer ~ at some point in the future we may make the Officer Harley episodes available for purchase or through our new Odyssey Adventure Club. These program will not be available for purchase or through the club at this time. We hope you will continue to enjoy our programming for many more years!

Something is amiss here................
they're lying, they will be in the club in January, and it's fairly certain that they will be on iTunes/ cbd at some point later in 2014
Reddo
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Odyssey, y u make me lose ur respect dat not cool :(

jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Well, someone is either deliberately lying or else the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. At this point, I would say either is possible. I will check iTunes occassionally to see if they are there. I cannot do CBD in Sweden. My husband was asking for a list of the Harley eps. How many were there? The lack of consistency in information is driving me nuts.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Nineteen, according to this article on AIOWiki.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jennifertwt wrote:Well, someone is either deliberately lying or else the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. At this point, I would say either is possible. I will check iTunes occassionally to see if they are there. I cannot do CBD in Sweden. My husband was asking for a list of the Harley eps. How many were there? The lack of consistency in information is driving me nuts.
It's just a matter of people not really knowing what's going on, if you follow any of the fan sites (like aiowiki) they'll probably announce it if/when Harley episodes come to iTunes
Reddo
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I had planned on a hiatus from the fansites as well, except maybe this one. I would like to leave a way to get news. I am not sure I want to keep hearing about something I am not participating in and as another poster pointed out, there does not seem to be much for those not in the "Club" on the horizon. I have gone from angry to depressed which I suppose is "good."
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

The cover for season one has been released.
ImageImageImage
logos linked