Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

I was practicing my piano tonight, and the news was on in the background. I overheard the beginnings of an announcement about low-end, illegal chemotherapy drugs being smuggled into a nearby city. Since I just listened to The Pilot, Part 2 today, I knew exactly what they were talking about. "Black market pharmaceuticals, brought in from another country."
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Some guy's name on Facebook was "Jay Smith (CauseAndEffect)".

I did a double-take and realized that it didn't say Smouse. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

A special speaker is coming in two weeks to speak at our church. The bulletin was making the announcement about his coming with his wife, Priscilla. So I thought of Priscilla Peterson.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I work in a library, and every time I see this magazine come through I think of AIO, for pretty obvious reasons. I mean, even the colors are similar. A little different font, but close at least.

Also, Odyssey Realty.

Last edited by Dallas R. on Thu May 01, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

I was working on a computer today, and a man next to me was playing some type of computer game. I didn't look over to see what it was, but it had those tacky old "Pew, pew!" Noises of old shooting arcade games. My first thought was "Verminoids," and then I though, "Well, Zappazoids is older. It's probably more so Zappazoids."
---Jeff Fugate
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

There's a real estate company called Wooten Basset Real Estate. :mrgreen:
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

A real real estate company???! ;)

I saw a little boy, about 6, at the playground yesterday. Someone said, "Is your name Max?"

He said, "Yes it is. Maxwell Hardin Wells, that is." Just his precision of speech reminded me of a young genius, like a little Eugene. :)
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I was writing an essay recently in which I used NASA as an example, and my writing may or may not have taken some inspiration from Eugene's rant in "Tales of a Small-Town Thug". ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Today my sister and I were looking for books to take along on a trip, and there was one by Emerson. I thought the lines, "Emerson's essays!" -Eugene
"Oh, that makes all the difference!" (or something) -Connie
(I forgot the exact episode)

And we mentioned Thoreau, and I thought, "Like Thoreau said man, simplify." - Plato.
"Simplify Schmimplify!"- Jerry Whittaker
(memories of Jerry)
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I got an email from someone recently telling me "I can forgive you for what you did to me." And I could hear David Parker's voice saying to Camilla "I didn't ask for your forgiveness."

Also, I just seriously read an article with research by a Professor Boswell. That totally made my day!
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw two names written one on top of the other in a list, and two names right next to each other stood out. The list looked like this:

Chris
Anthony

I don't think any further explanation is required. ;) It made me smile!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I saw a Britain's Got Talent video where a librarian named Eugene performed a piece of poetry. Need I say more?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

There's a new organization called Hand up that helps homeless people/people in need https://handup.us/ \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

I just watched an X-file where they mentioned handicapped using brain waves to operate devices.

I read a book where it mentions someone named "Connie".
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Today I had the unfortunate case of having an AIO quote describe part of my evening: "Forgot my wallet." It's one of those one-liner quotes that I always found funny when I was younger, and today it came to mind after I rushed off after an evening church event to run a few errands when I realized that I did not have my wallet with me. Oops! I didn't even realize until I was sitting a red light with my left turn signal on to turn towards the store and the gas station I planned to stop at, when the thought struck me. It became a right turn signal, a trip home, and a plan to do errands tomorrow instead. ;)

I'm trying to remember for sure which episode "Forgot my wallet" is from. I keep thinking that it might be "Chores No More," but it might be a different one with some of those same kids/types of kids that were in a few episodes that didn't do much and that nobody really cared about. O:) Somebody let me know if they know for sure!
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

I've seen a yogurt brand called "MilkandEgg"
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Catspaw wrote:Today I had the unfortunate case of having an AIO quote describe part of my evening: "Forgot my wallet." It's one of those one-liner quotes that I always found funny when I was younger, and today it came to mind after I rushed off after an evening church event to run a few errands when I realized that I did not have my wallet with me. Oops! I didn't even realize until I was sitting a red light with my left turn signal on to turn towards the store and the gas station I planned to stop at, when the thought struck me. It became a right turn signal, a trip home, and a plan to do errands tomorrow instead. ;)

I'm trying to remember for sure which episode "Forgot my wallet" is from. I keep thinking that it might be "Chores No More," but it might be a different one with some of those same kids/types of kids that were in a few episodes that didn't do much and that nobody really cared about. O:) Somebody let me know if they know for sure!
It is indeed "Chores No More", at the beginning, with reference to Duane saving money be making Ivan buy his movie ticket for him.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Mysterious wrote:I've seen a yogurt brand called "MilkandEgg"
That sounds like a super weird name to me, but whatever. Still a fun reminder of AIO!

Thanks for confirming the episode name, Leonard. I remembered that somebody had to pay for somebody else's ticket (and I think there's a bad Star Wars impression in there too) ;) but I wasn't totally sure about the episode.
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

Actually, it was a flavor.