ALBUM 53 Discussion - SPOILER ALERT!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

ALBUM 53 Discussion - SPOILER ALERT!

Post by Bren »

This is for discussion of Album 53: The Green Ring Conspiracy

679: The Green Ring Conspiracy Part 1
680: The Green Ring Conspiracy Part 2

A couple of questions on my end. What did you think of Monty and The Stiletto?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

I thought it was awesome to have Monty back, and really quite fitting to have him be a secret agent (considering the two older generations also being involved with national security). Pulling Jason in to the series is also an awesome thing. it also looks like they've opened this up for another larger story arch. The guy in hong kong who was running it all hasn't been taken down yet, so I'm hoping we'll get another album out of this yet.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

It would have been nice to have the 3 generations interact together at the house.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I really dislike threads like this. Just kidding... sort of.
But seriously, it is so unfair that everyone will be completely done listening to the album before I even make it to episode 2. And now it's so tempting to read everything that everyone else has written. Ahh!!! I think I need to avoid thetoo until I'm completely done listening through this album on the radio schedule. I'll enjoy the surprises so much more that way.
Last edited by Dallas R. on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

Album 53 is now one of my favorite albums. It most certainly my favorite of the three since the hiatus. The first three parts were slightly annoying because they all ended with a sort of cliff hanger pertaining to Monty, but we don't hear him until part 4. The opening scene of part 4 where we finally hear from Katrina is a great scene. With Katrina and Eugene carrying boxes in and out and Connie being clueless as to what they were talking about. Classic. But my absolute favorite scene was the scene at the end of episode 8, where they made one of the biggest twists of the whole album, and revealed Jason as being the Stiletto. I really saw it coming, and really hoped it would happen. Jason is like my absolute favorite character and this album just adds to that. And I agree with Jesus_Minime. The way they ended it was phenomenal, in the sense that they now have some loose ends to tie up, which means we may at some point hear more from Jason in Hong Kong. Whoo!
Clickety clack^ :yes: Overall, I really enjoyed this album! :)
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

Anyone notice a Buck/Emily connection with Richard/Lucy?

~Jesusfreak
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

jesusfreak wrote:Anyone notice a Buck/Emily connection with Richard/Lucy?

~Jesusfreak
Now that you mention it............
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jesusfreak wrote:Anyone notice a Buck/Emily connection with Richard/Lucy?

~Jesusfreak
sure did, I also noticed a tom and connie connection in novacom tom kept asking whit what was going on and whit would always say i'll explain later tom, and in this connie kept saying she had all sorts of questions and whit replied, I'll answer them later
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

Yeah, me and Jacob were talking about that as we listened through it together. It really did seem a lot like the Richard/Lucy thing. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but I think it worked out well with the plot even though it was something that has been done in the past.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Buck Oliver wrote:
If you don't have album 53. Don't keep reading.
Wait, you can buy it already? O:)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I always have joked about it, of course, but never really expected Blackgaard to be brought back into the series at all--not only did they accomplish that but it was handled significantly better than the potential ways it could have been. Fortunately they were smart enough to not kill him off this time, so hopefully we don't have to wait 15 years before his next appearance like last time (discounting Blackgaard's Revenge, although I don't hate it like most it wasn't REALLY him showing up).
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I finished my second full listen of the album, so I'll give my comments. \:D/

SPOILERS GALORE. PLEASE DON'T READ UNTIL YOU'VE LISTENED TO THE ALBUM.
I CAN'T BELIEVE RICHARD MAXWELL RETURNED!

Are you still reading this, cheatskate? Curiosity always kills the cat. :noway:

Good Stuff
  • JASON IS BACK. That is all.
  • Buck was a really sweet character. It only took a few episodes before I realized something was up between him and Katrina. If you ask me, there will be a third Meltsner soon. \:D/
  • The plot is (a) believable, (b) mysterious, and (c) thrilling. Novacom, as awesome as it may be, is a hard story to believe. Sending millions of counterfeit dollars worldwide is real and exciting, and huzzah goes to Odyssey for stopping it.
  • Monty has jumped into my top 5 favorite characters ever. I love that he is still played by the same actor!
  • The carnival scene was one of the most enjoyable scenes ever. I'm so glad Wooton, Connie, Penny, Emily, Matthew, Buck and even Eugene/Katrina got to ride the rides!
  • I have long said Vance is the "new" Rodney, but did anyone else fall in love with Jay in this album? :inlove: My entire family adores him now. Kudos to the AIOWiki people for adding some of his best new quotes. His uncle Wally is cool too. It's like the Rathbones, but different.
  • Whit. Connie. Eugene. Katrina. Monty. Jason. Buck. Uncle Wally. Jay. Detective Polehaus. That's a pretty epic lineup.
Bad Stuff
  • I've grown to dislike Nelson (due to being played by a girl :(), so I wish s/he had been cut. His scene about being afraid didn't help the story at all.
  • Wooton was fun in the carnival, but he should NEVER be in climax of a story. Jason is trying to save many lives by stopping a massive train and Wooton's like, "Hey, you know what? I have a pet moose in Alaska who likes to drink Root Beer." Wooton is not that dumb (Harlow, anyone?), and I blame the writers for not writing him smarter. I almost thought Jason would turn to him and be like, "SHUT UP BRO! I'VE SAVING THE WORLD HERE!"
    I'll admit... "Can I see your ticket, please?" made me laugh. ;) Wooton gets a little credit, but not too much.
I could go on, but that's good enough for one post. Album 53 is a crowning achievement in the history of Odyssey.

Who is the guy above Archie, Trask and the Stiletto? I forget his name. Is he who Jason is going after in Hong Kong?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

It would be nice to have them take Buck in.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

American Eagle wrote:
Who is the guy above Archie, Trask and the Stiletto? I forget his name. Is he who Jason is going after in Hong Kong?
I believe his name is Mr. Grote. And yes that is who Jason is going after in Hong Kong.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Just wondering, but have the episodes been coming out on the radio yet? :headscratch:

And why is is "alum 53 owners only!" Why can't it be "album 53 owners only!"

;)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Whitty Whit wrote:Just wondering, but have the episodes been coming out on the radio yet? :headscratch:

And why is is "alum 53 owners only!" Why can't it be "album 53 owners only!";)
I can answer your first question. No the episodes are not on the radio yet.

I would like to know who owns album 53 myself since it is not supposed to be out until March, but since we all know how slow FOTF is, most likely won't be available until April.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Well, me, Jason and several others own the MP3 version.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Buck Oliver wrote:Well, me, Jason and several others own the MP3 version.
Okay. Thanks. Just wondering... \:D/

It sounds awesome and EPIC! \:D/ I haven't heard it yet, but AE, sorry, but I read it!! :mad:
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Grr... that ruins everything...

The title says "SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!", spoiler tag was used, and I gave the strongest warning I could've. I guess that was your choice. O:)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Buck Oliver wrote:Well, me, Jason and several others own the MP3 version.
Where is the MP3 version? I did a search on iTunes and couldn't find it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln