The Dusty Episodes

What are they?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Alright, alright, I give. I made the whole thing up. Thanks to everybody who played along! I hope I didn't break to many hearts! :pysche:

I used an image from another Odyssey cover and changed the colours of the burst and the frame, then borrowed from artwork from Gary Locke's website for the believability it needed.

Once it was done, I pasted it on top of a listing for a real Odyssey album on my local Christian bookstore's website (at which I do not actually work), and took a picture of my own computer screen. The album insert scan came from Vol. 16's repack (not Vol. 31's, which hasn't been released yet, if anybody cares). I simply pasted product images of other albums on top of those listed, copy-and-pasted the letters I needed and voilà.

The product was supposed to include the thirteen recorded, unavailable episodes on OdysseyFan's website (not counting the Focus version of Dobson Comes to Town). On the cover, the story dealing with crushes is Bobby's Valentine and the story about promptness is Missed it by That Much.

You can see a full-quality version of the art here:

I hope everybody had a good time with this yesterday, and I promise not to do anything like it again...until next year. :-k
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I had a feeling that this was too good to be true. I wonder if I will ever get to hear, or own these episodes. I really wish they would release them either in album or podcast form.:cry:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was sure that this was an April Fools' joke, but it was incredibly well done! :D Way to go, Boswell! It took you a lot of time and effort to come up with this believable and totally awesome prank, I'm sure!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

from the first post I wasn't sure if this was true or not, the picture you posted was fairly poor quality, and it had a release date that sounded like it could be possible as we know of the release schedule till the June so a July release would make sense. Both of these lead me to believe that it could be true, the cover art didn't really make sense from the episodes that would be included also the corner that said 4 hours seemed like it would be a little shorter than it should be, however this could simply be attributed to the cover art not being finalized yet

However when you posted the second picture I knew it was a fake, first of all when has anybody got an album early from FOTF? secondly if you look closely at the image he posted you can see definite lines around the albums leaving it fairly obvious that it had been inserted with photoshop.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm glad you enjoyed the joke, Reddo. =D>

;)

This was very well done, Boswell! Definitely the best Odyssey-related prank I've seen in a long while. :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Just got it in the mail. Thanks for letting me know about it! \:D/
Oh, this is April 2?
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Gandalf wrote: [*]438b: Telltale Cat - SPLIT
That episode isn't lost, I happen to own it. \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I had quite a good time investigating this album!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

This stinks...

I'm still looking for unreleased episodes...
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Irwin wrote:I'm still looking for unreleased episodes...
Aren't we all?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

KODY 105 wrote:
Irwin wrote:I'm still looking for unreleased episodes...
Aren't we all?
Yeah, but I've been very dedicated. I found a copy of the adventures in odyssey album that has the same episode list as the odyssey usa album, and ousa wraps. (It has the first list here: http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Album_00:_Odyssey_USA). If you need proof see: http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Image:Missed.JPG
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

*chuckles* Wow. Well-played, Boswell, very well played. I think I was about thisclose to believing it 100%. I still had some nagging doubt, but not a whole lot.

The only question is...how are you going to top it next year? ;)

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

You made me cry! :mecry: I was hoping against hope that it was true!
JK about the crying part,sorta.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I would have probably believed the entire thing if it weren't for the big
"I Slap Floor" on the top of it. Still, an excellent prank, and I really started to wonder after everyone else starting going along with it.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The I Slap Floors weren't there until the day AFTER April Fools'. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Haha, I figured it wasn't real, although I admit to being fooled by how good the picture looked. It looked authentic, I would have believed it any other day. \:D/
...I hate marquees.