Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Monica Stone
I guess I'll stick around

Post by Monica Stone »

The Irena Sendler three-parter inspired me to write a report on her in English a couple of years ago!! I knew about her before I heard the episode, but after hearing the beautiful, heartbreaking, & intense episode, I decided she would be the subject of my next research report. She's such an inspiring historical figure that I respect deeply. Odyssey has affected me a lot in my day-to-day life & this was one of those instances.

Also, whenever I watch something & it features an actor on AIO, it's all I can think about at least initially. Watching "The Clone Wars" for the first time last year was hilarious because I could pick out every voice I heard Corey Burton do. He does a great Count Dooku.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bren wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 pm So, I got an email notification today.

Somehow I don't think they will say "Go away bad dream. Boo!"
I love it! That's such a great line. I used to say it sometimes. I'll have to pick up the habit again. (Not usually in connection to an actual bad dream.) ;)
Monica Stone wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:38 pm Also, whenever I watch something & it features an actor on AIO, it's all I can think about at least initially. Watching "The Clone Wars" for the first time last year was hilarious because I could pick out every voice I heard Corey Burton do. He does a great Count Dooku.
Yes, that's one of the fun things about Clone Wars! Corey Burton is amazing.

I'm glad that Bren bumped this thread, because I have something to add and I kept forgetting to post it. I watched a short video about tsunamis and I'm sure that Katie Leigh was the narrator! It sounded just like her, and a kid who was watching as well said, "This sounds like Connie!" so I think between the two of us we must have been right. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was just making my shopping list in my head and the first thing I said was "I need milk and eggs" then I paused because something seemed weird about that for some reason. I figured out what it was after a moment. :P
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, nice! :lol:

I was going through some old stuff the other day and found some writing I had done back in grade twelve, including a nice piece about my love for AIO. It was fun to read through it.

Return to “Whit's End”