589: "The Impossible"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How Many Stars?

5 Stars
24%
4 Stars
29%
3 Stars
34%
2 Stars
7%
1 Star
5%

Total votes: 41

Me
An original

589: "The Impossible"

Post by Me »

Vote and review on Saturday! \:D/
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

It was ok. I gave it three stars. The message (I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me) was excellent, but the story didn't really grab me. Overall, this was just an ok ep.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Four stars. I thought it was awesome to hear from Jason again! The whole India thing was a little too much to be believable, but it was still a great story, and also a very good lesson.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I am not sure what to rate it. Like Evil Chick I really liked hearing from Jason. He adds a missionary and guyish touch to the episode. :inlove: But, the story line wasn't a favorite. It didn't, I don't know, it just didn't seem almost real, maybe?

So my rate...I don't know! :D
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Hearing from Jason was great, as other people mentioned. I thought the plot was great, and not too unbelievable--it is more plausible than a meglomaniac corporation brainwashing the world. ;) The music, however, was not my cup of tea. It seemed out of place; they didn't even play the Odyssey theme at the end when Chris was wrapping up! Some jazz organ thingie took its place. :( 4 stars.
Broadcast
Not as new

Post by Broadcast »

My review is up HERE
Last edited by Broadcast on Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

It was pretty good. 3 stars, I also enjoyed hearing Jason again :inlove:
I was kinda expecting something more "dramatic" but it was good.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I rated it 3 stars....fine, but not the greatest. I guess the computer stuff was fine - but Whit having to stay in the hospital for a few days with exaustion? :-s That seemed....not quite believable to me.

All in all, an okay episode, but it wasn't anything that really "grabbed" me.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I loved Jason again! :inlove:

However, the plot seemed to go *way* too fast. Two weeks? Usually that would be stretched out into 3 ep's. ... but all in all, 3 stars. \:D/
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Oh, I forgot to say that I liked the Eugene dreaming part! :hilarious:

:snore: "zzzzz...escalating hexagons...zzzz.....ironicus.......zzzzzz......oxymoron....." :snore: (At least that's my interpretation of his mumblings!)
:lol:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Plot: Terrible. It just wasn't, as some said, believable. Besides the fact I've seen the idea for wind-up computers before. :anxious:
Moral: Also lacking. Just not very obvious, except where the kid reads the text.
Acting: As always supurb! *loved the Eugene snoring/mumbling part* \:D/
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i gave it a 3 it just had too much story line packed into a little time
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I liked this episode. :) I wasn't able to guess where they were going with it so it kept me on the edge of my seat! For once the invention wasn't a secret—no more Whit and Eugene sneaking around while Connie's curiosity drives her nuts. The preview had me worried. :anxious: I enjoyed hearing from Jason again even though it wasn't the way I expected. Frankly, there were a lot of places that they could've gone with this show that I'm glad they didn't. O:) The silliness wasn't over the top... just great humor like Eugene sleeping standing up! :snore:

Sure, there were a few loose ends... not a great explanation as to how they could actually get it done, but I guess that's hard to describe when you're talking about something imaginary like the Edu-link. It was weird when Jason just walked in like he had a teleport beam and Connie proved her ditsiness by not reading the label on the sleeping pills.

In the end, I'm glad they wrote this show. It was unique and interesting! =D>
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have to confess that I liked this episode. It kept me wondering like Chandler. It was great hearing Jason again, it has been a long time. I hope we hear him more often. The humor was great, especially Eugene and Connie. It is good to hear that Whit is inventing again and I am also glad that he was not keeping it a secret so that Connie did not go crazy, along with Marvin, trying to figure out what was going on. About the only thing I did not like was the music.
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

I thought this episode was purty kewl. It wasn't that believable, and probably should have taken more than one episode to complete. :D Nevertheless...4 stars.
Agent DeWhite
Tallying up

Post by Agent DeWhite »

I can't decide whether this was too much to stick into one episode or not. It seems that it would have been dragged out if they tried to stick it in two. It would have taken work to keep the two episodes fast paced, which I can't help but feel we wouldn't have gotten. In this one, we had a fast-paced adventure with a pretty good moral -presented by a kid!- and an old character returning. The more I think about it, the more I like it!
It may have been just my imagination, but Jason sounded older - more deeper of a voice. Prob just the imagination.
What do you do when your nose goes on strike?
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

I'm not sure what to say... I thought it was pretty good.

And I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet!!!! The rival company, One World Education or something like that, wanted to use HYPNOSIS to educate kids. You think it's connected to Novacom? :o
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I listened to part of it on Saturday while riding to my grandparents and when we got there we had to turn the radio off so I didn't get to listen to the rest. I just finished listening to it on the internet and gave it four stars. I was glad to hear from Jason after a long time and I thought it was a suspenseful story (especially since I was wondering what would happen all weekend!).
When I heard about the one world government thing, I thought, hm, that sounds Nova-com like... I was sort of expecting it to have a tie in to a bigger plot at the end. Maybe it will in some way, in the future.[/quote]
TeXico_Blondie
Gold Member

Post by TeXico_Blondie »

I give it a 5! That's one of the best of the newer episodes... had me holding my breath!

Then again I like any episode with Jason best :D
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Zowee! I really liked it! The music was cool. (Except the tango music at the end. :roll: ) The Edu-link was actually kind of believable, because a few weeks ago my Mom read an article about how scientists were working on a way to give each kid access to the Internet through this tiny machine. It can be controlled by winding up a little handle on the side to create power. Anyway, back to review. Putting Jason in the episode = stroke of genius. :D That's my little review.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings