589: "The Impossible"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How Many Stars?

5 Stars
24%
4 Stars
29%
3 Stars
34%
2 Stars
7%
1 Star
5%

Total votes: 41

Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

I like this new jason episode.Theytryed to put a scare into us whith whit gowing into the hosptial..This was a good marven store .He got to be the hero ..when jason was stuck out of town and eugen over slept..
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

this one is hard...it didnt keep my attention...i got lost really easily, I had to keep restarting it. I gave it 2 stars
~Nikki~

My favorite bible verse:
"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." Matthew 5:29
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

It ROCKED! I like that Jason was in it, and the whole idea of the Edu-link.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I just heard the episode today. ](*,)

*liked the episode* :D

Are they going to do more with the Edu-link? Cause it's an awful lot to put into an episode and then not have the Edu-link/relations with India come up again. :-k (Potential saganess?!?!)
Nate Jones
AIO Sound Engineer

Post by Nate Jones »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:Zowee! I really liked it! The music was cool. (Except the tango music at the end. :roll: ) The Edu-link was actually kind of believable, because a few weeks ago my Mom read an article about how scientists were working on a way to give each kid access to the Internet through this tiny machine. It can be controlled by winding up a little handle on the side to create power. Anyway, back to review. Putting Jason in the episode = stroke of genius. :D That's my little review.

Haystack
I'm glad you liked the music. It was my choice to blend the ideas and come up with a different approach. I told John Campbell " OK Odyssey and India go to England and have a techno baby" And that is what he gave me something with a little more Tech to it. In fact it was one of the first things Dave Arnold commented on. Saying that he liked the music as well. As for the music at the end that was the music used for the " On Hold " music while Marvin was on the phone. I asked John for some cheesy Indian flavored elevator music. And bang there ya have it. As a joke we left it in for playback over the credits and most people in playback liked the fact that it was different. It allows us to keep the show interesting for you. So we all chose to keep it in.
Best
Nate
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I love this episode--I love listening to it when I have something to draw or color--the way I do that takes a long time; an hour at best for the simple stuff. It's a fun episode to listen to--I loved the line with Marvin's fascination with the water cooler!
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
zmster
Just visiting

Post by zmster »

Heard it again today. The idea that tech savy, if not tech genius level Odyssians would not use protective measures (ie surge protection/UPS) with such important equipment was absurd to me.

-- 09 Jun 2015 02:24 pm --

Oh, and I forgot about the sleeping pill overdose that they just let Eugene sleep off... not the best example. :(
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

Yes, well three times as many of the does might not be lethal, but never the less, I agree that they might have put a little disclaimer in there...

By the way, thanks for posting this so I could not get the silver badge without digging four stages back into the archives! :x
Heh, don't mind me though, just another OCD case over here. ;)
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

And they didn't exactly say it was a good idea...
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin