874: Rightly Dividing

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this episode?

1 copper
No votes
2 bronze
100%
3 silver
No votes
4 gold
No votes
5 platinum
No votes

Total votes: 1

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

874: Rightly Dividing

Post by KODY 105 »

Episode summary
Pastor Knox becomes concerned about Camilla's fiery prayer for her soccer team’s victory, and Declan consults Lou for advice on dealing with a bully at school.
My thoughts
Sounds like two separate stories that don't seem to be related, but that's normal: an A story and a B story.

I suppose one shouldn't pray imprecatory prayers against your sports enemies, but gee whiz, praying to win isn't a problem. I remember once asking my Sunday School teacher if it was too trivial to ask God for my team to win, and he said no, you can always ask God whatever you want. If it matters to you, pray for it.

Now, as an adult, of course, I recall the section where Paul said "they ask amiss," where people were praying for (material?) things and not getting them. Yes, one should pray for things that are holy and are in the will of God. But since He doesn't reveal His perfect will to us 100%, it's OK to ask for things that are less clear, such as your team to win.

Kind of a lame story. 2/5. In fact, the only reason it's not bottom-of-the-barrel is because it actually was about the kids.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

It's been a while since I heard this episode. But, I remember it being special. If for no other reason than the fact that the part about Sarah was based off of a fellow ToOer.
ImageImageImage
logos linked