852: The Toy

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this episode?

1 Bart Rathbone?!
No votes
2 Tamika
No votes
3 Elaine
100%
4 Ed
No votes
5 Marvin
No votes

Total votes: 1

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

852: The Toy

Post by KODY 105 »

Episode summary
Detective Polehaus investigates an unusual case involving a young boy and a small toy. The trail of clues leads him to Lily Graham, Jason Whittaker, Wooton Bassett, and others. Meanwhile, Connie is surprised by the work habits of a new volunteer at Whit's End.
My thoughts
"The Toy"
This episode title sounds like "The Toy Man." And then, boom, we get Ed Washington again! SQUEEEEE. Ah, so they named it that on purpose. I appreciate that this episode was trying to get us to care about people with disabilities, and to realize that even little things we do can make a difference in people's lives.

Unfortunately, for me as a callous individual, the biggest deal was merely ED WASHINGTON. Also, wow, they just acknowledged Whit's End Connelsville, which hasn't made an appearance since longer ago than Ed's last appearance.

3/5
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Woah, I am years and years behind on the show but Ed Washington was one of my favorite things from that era back then. I just assumed with the soft reboot at... album 50 was it? That Washington and Whit's End Connelsville ceased to exist. Now I want to listen. >_>
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

This is an old episode, and I don't feel that spoiler tags would be necessary. I always hide my own thoughts in the first post, because of the importance of the first post and I wish to make clear my thoughts are not official content of the episode.

Ed appears as basically a cameo; he's not a main character. But yes, it's Ed Washington and he's just as good and interesting as he's always been.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: