806: A Very Bassett Wedding, Part 2

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this episode?

1 weak
100%
2 below average
No votes
3 average
No votes
4 above average
No votes
5 great!
No votes

Total votes: 1

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

806: A Very Bassett Wedding, Part 2

Post by KODY 105 »

Episode summary
The Bassett and Wise families have arrived in town for Wooton and Penny’s big day, but a damaged dress, stomach pains, and an investigation into a missing ring mean that the couple’s walk to the altar will be anything but simple.

My thoughts

I liked the little touch of the "Surprise, the rehearsal is the wedding." That being said, I think it's a little frivolous to make Whit an ordained minister all of a sudden. Are they really that hard up for random voice actors who could be the pastor? Or was it so absolutely necessary for the storyline to have the pastor be unable to make it to the rehearsal? And so if Whit ran off last night to get ordained (in my Baptist circles, one doesn't get ordained on a whim, how about your denomination/whatever you call yourself?) does that mean he knew about the pastor's absence and/or the surprise rehearsal-is-wedding switch-up?

And in what universe is everyone who's important to you able to show up for a wedding rehearsal? Is the entire bridal party+family the only people Wooton and Penny care about? (Freudian typo: I first typed out Wooton and Connie!)

Who's ready for some slash fiction where we have Penny die [tragically or not] and Connie marries Wooton? Not that I think they're a great couple or anything, but there's some talk in the other forums here about marrying Connie off; she deserves a husband. (On a soda jerkbarista salary, she better find someone to help cover the bills.)

1/5, boo. The random funness of the rehearsal-is-the-wedding is the only thing keeping this from being an off-the-charts zero. Oh, and I suppose the surprise bogus ring thing. Eugene: "Actually 10% off of $1.50 would be $1.35 not $1.40..."

Wow, is this what Top feels like? Everything sucks? Sucks to be old and opinionatedwise, doesn't it?

/rant
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: