844: Charlotte

Official review thread

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this episode?

No votes
♣♣
No votes
♣♣♣
No votes
♣♣♣♣
No votes
♣♣♣♣♣
100%

Total votes: 4

Bren
Be positive!

844: Charlotte

Post by Bren »

A friendly game of chess ends abruptly when painful memories put Whit and Wilson’s friendship to the test.
For those who have heard this episode, what did you think?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

This is one of my favorites. I love everything about it. I always love episodes about Whit when he was younger and this was no exception. I love Whit and Wilson's dynamic, past and present. I'm so glad Whit has a companion who is around his age again, because of Tom Riley and Jack Allen are no longer around. It's really great and I love it. Having Wilson brings out something in Whit's character I can't yet put my finger on, but it's really refreshing.

As for the actual story and plot, it's really well done. It does the best job it can by explaining why Whit only mentioned Charlotte once before Wilson came to town. It's really tragic but beautiful. The scriptwriting and dialogue are really smart in a way I really appreciate. Also, the acting is really great and really makes the story feel realistic and raw. E.g. whenever there is a scene were characters fight, it feels real.

Overall, I just think this episode is amazing and one of my personal favorites.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I think there are many touching moments surrounding Charlotte as a character. The fact she became a Christian. Her relationship with Whit. Wanting to enjoy as much of her short married life as she could. Really tugs at the heart strings.
ImageImageImage
logos linked